Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Transitions - Quickly add screen, Camera, UI and gameobject transitions

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mahewitt, Mar 15, 2016.

1. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi All.

Our new asset Beautiful Transitions is now out on the asset store. It lets you simply and easily create beautiful transitions for your UI, gameobjects and scenes with just a few clicks.

Features include:
    • Scene and cross scene transitions including fade and different wipes.
    • Camera and cross camera transitions including fade and different wipes.
    • Scale, Fade, Move and Animate UI elements and gameobjects.
    • Auto start transitions or trigger through code.
    • Simply create your own custom wipes in any graphics program.
    • Combine, chain and nest transitions.
    • Shake camera (or other gameobject) function.
    • Select from a number of preset transition curves, or add your own.
    • User friendly GUI with visual curves.
    • Full scripting API.
    • Easy to extend.
    • UI animation extensions
    • Integration with Game Framework including custom Actions
    • and more...
    The following videos demonstrates some of these concepts:

ScreenTransitions.gif

We have some exciting things planned for this asset and will update here with progress.

Check it out and let us know if you have any input, suggestions or comments.

Regards,
    Mark

Asset Store Link

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  2. mahewitt

mahewitt

V1.1 is now out in the asset store:

Improvements
    - New Rotate UI / Game Object transition.
    - Transition core code refactor.

Fixes
    - Demo Black tint was setting wrong color.

GameObjectDemo.gif

Next up custom animation curves and improved inspector window.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. mahewitt

mahewitt

V1.2 is now out in the asset store:

Improvements
    - Added the ability to define your own animation curves.
    - Added Property Tool Tips.
    - Added Custom Property Editor for improved UI.
    - Added help link to components

Fixes
    - Demo scene camera demo correctly only runs the specified transition.
    - iTween bug where start transition value was not always set until after 1 frame.
    - A disabled component would wrongly be run when placed as a nested transition.

Asset Store Link

4. mahewitt

mahewitt

v2.0 is now out in the asset store

Improvements
    • All previous transition curves are now built in, removing the dependency on iTween and giving improved performance.
    • Updated inspector gui with visual curves.
    • Code refactor improvements (if you experience any build errors with your own derived classes that you don't know how to fix then let us know)
    Fixes
    • Fixed unpredictable handling of concurrent transition calls and multiple calls to the same transition
    TransitionSettings.png

Asset Store Link

5. mahewitt

mahewitt

v2.1 - main update is a new Camera Shake script

Improvements
    • Shake Camera: Added ShakeCamera component and shake helper for shaking other gameobjects.
    • Code refactor improvements (some shared script files moved to the Helper folder)
    Fixes
    • Added demo titles

6. mahewitt

mahewitt

v2.1.1 is out now and fixes a minor issue where under certain build conditions the shaders would not be included - shaders are moved to a resources folder and there is improved load validation.

7. mahewitt

mahewitt

v2.2 is out with events now exposed through the editor and some new demo's
    • Exposed Transition Start and Complete events through the inspector so you can easily hook up other code.
    • Transitions are now shown on the component menu
    • Demo: Added Events Demo
    • Demo: Added SceneSwap Demo
    Events.PNG
    Asset Store Link

8. mahewitt

mahewitt

v2.3 is released with support for global and local values and a simplified inspector UI.

Improvements
    • Demo: GameObject demo updated to use the new TransitionMove component
    • Editor: Simplified inspector UI
    • GameObject: Support for global and local rotations
    • GameObject: New TransitionMove component with support for global, local and anchored position values.
    • GameObject: Deprecated TransitionMoveAnchoredPosition in vavour of new TransitionMove component.
    Fixes
    • GameObject: TransitionMoveTarget now supports standard Transform and not restricted to using a RectTransform.
    Untitled.png

9. mahewitt

mahewitt

v3.0 is now is a complete rewrite that also exposing the asset through a new scripting API (shown in the post above). We have some pretty cool things planned so keep an eye out here for updates.

NOTE: To update you will need to remove the old /FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/ folder before updating, or delete the file
    /FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/Scripts/Transitions/GameObject/TransitionMoveAnchoredPosition.cs after updating.
    • Rewritten from the ground up to expose the whole API through scripting including calls and notifications.
    • GameObject: Removed deprecated TransitionMoveAnchoredPosition component
    • Demo: New scripting demo
    • Demo: Added auto transition in / out button to GameObject demo
    Scripting.png

10. Kondor0

Kondor0

I bought this today and I'm getting a lot of errors after importing. Is there something I'm missing?

11. Kondor0

Kondor0

Ok, I found the problem. This extension has a "Move" class just like the “Multistory Dungeon” asset pack, I deleted that script (of the dungeon) and it stopped the conflict.

12. mahewitt

mahewitt

v3.1 is released with support for smoothing on wipes and several other improvements.

NOTE: To update you will need to remove the old /FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/ folder before updating, or delete the file
    /FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/_Demo/DisplayItem/Scripts/TestController.cs after updating.

Improvements
    • Demo: Added attention button to the DisplayItem demo scene
    • Demo: Shake demo updated with visual controls for modifying the shake settings
    • DisplayItem: Removed unnecessary DisplayItemSetInitialState component
    • DisplayItem: Added SetAttention and SetActiveAnimated functions to DisplayItemHelper.cs
    • General: Added links to documentation and support to the editor menu
    • Shake: Moved scripts from ShakeCamera to Shake folder and namespace.
    • Shake: Improved tooltip text for ShakeCamera component
    • Shake: Renamed Shake method to ShakeCoroutine and added new replacement Shake method that is callable from code.
    • Shake: Code documentation improved
    • Transitions: Updated component menu name
    • Transitions: Screen & Camera wipes now support smoothing.
    Fixes
    • Fix: Correctly handle transitions that outlive a scene change causing error when transition targets are destroyed.
    WipeSmoothing.png

13. mahewitt

mahewitt

v3.2 is now released and contains some important internal improvements and fixes along with the ability to specify an axis for MoveTarget to easier move multiple items.

NOTE: This version contains an important updates relating to initial transition setup. While this should not give any noticeable impact we advise taking a backup copy before upgrading. If you have any issues or problems then please contact us as listed above.

Improvements
    • Shake: Updated comments
    • Transition: Updated tooltips
    • Transition: Deprecated MoveTarget TransitionStep as the functionality is provided by Move (Note: MoveTarget component remains)
    • Transition: Added option to specify the axis on which MoveTarget should work so you can easier move multiple items (see GameObjectTransitionsDemo)
    • Transitions: Added RepeatWhenEnabled option for auto running transitions multiple times.
    Fixes
    • Transition: Moved initial transition setup to before transition call to avoid possible execution order issues when using the API

14. magique

magique

I'm trying to use the Fade Transition and it isn't working for me at all. I tried the scale transition and it was working, but no success with the fade. Here is the setup I have on a parent GUI component that has an Image and 2 Text mesh Pro text items as children:

upload_2016-10-14_21-12-41.png

Any idea why it wouldn't work? I am using Unity 5.3.6p2.

[EDIT]
    I figured it out. I needed to make the root object a Canvas Group.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    tonythedad likes this.
  15. magique

magique

OK, I'm trying to fade a game object now and it's not working. I can fade UI elements, but not game objects. The docs say you must have a Canvas Group as the parent, but that's only good if I'm using UI elements. The features state the following:

Scale, Fade, Move and Animate UI elements and gameobjects

If I should be able to fade gameobjects then how can I do it? It refuses to fade them. I have a sprite object that is not a part of a UI nor attached to any canvas. The fade transition doesn't work for it.

16. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @magique . I will look at correcting that text because as you have noticed fade only currently targets UI elements. That said it should be fairly trivial for me to make this work for sprites also. If you can drop me a mail (address is in the readme file) then I can send something over for you in advance of this feature making it into a future release..

Mark

magique likes this.
  17. mahewitt

mahewitt

v4.0 is now released. The big new feature this time is cross scene transitions.

NOTE: Several components and classes have been moved to different namesapces and so if you access the transitions through code you may need
    to change your 'using' statements to reflect the new locations. See the change details below for further details.

Improvements
    • Demo: SceneSwap demo now demonstrates use of cross scene transitions
    • Demo: GameObjectTransitionsDemo demo now demonstrates use of sprite fading
    • Transitions: Cross scene transitions added for scene wipes and fades
    • Transitions: Fade now works with Sprites.
    • Transitions: All components have updated namespaces and are move under FlipWebApps.BeautifulTransitions.Scripts.Transitions.Components.xxx
    • Transitions: All abstract classes and components have updated namespaces and are move under FlipWebApps.BeautifulTransitions.Scripts.Transitions.Components.xxx.AbstractClasses
    • Transitions: TransitionHelper added TakeScreenshot and LoadScene methods.
    • Transitions: TransitionStep Completed method renamed TransitionCompleted
    • Transitions: TransitionStep TransitionInternal method renamed TransitionLoop
    • Transitions: TransitionStep SetProgress call moved from Start to TransitionLoop for better control

magique likes this.
  18. gecko

gecko

We really like BT and incorporated it into our game, using the scene-to-scene transitions. But sometimes at the end of the transition, the wipe goes to a pure white screen and stays like that. We can hear the sfx of the scene playing, so the scene appears to be playing, but the transition has goofed up somehow and gone to white. Any ideas about that?

19. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @gecko . Thanks for buying Beautiful Transitions and glad it is proving of use. I will take a look into this issue but can you email me a screenshot of the transition configuration (address is in the readme) and let me know your Unity version and dev. OS?

Thanks,
    Mark

20. lookx2

lookx2

Hi,
    I use the cross transition for two cameras, the rect of the both cameras is not full. During transition, the screen show in transition for the second camera is sketched and black space is appear (seems it render as full rect). Are there any workarounds? Thank you!

21. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Hi when your asset is imported, it gives me this errors, the picture is attached. Please kindly fix them so I can start using your plugin.

Attached Files:

22. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

The problem is resolved. Another Plugin GameStrap has the same filename TransiotionHelper.cs, so I just merged those.

Thanks,
    Nikhil

23. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @lookx2. First many thanks for buying the asset. Are you able to post (or email me) a couple of screenshots showing the problem and the configuration on the cameras?
    Thanks,
    Mark

24. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Wondering before I buy and based upon a read through of the this thread: is the code namespaced?

25. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @cygnusprojects . Yes - the code is all under it's own namespace to try and ensure compatibility with other assets.

Regards,
    Mark

26. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Great! Bought it!

27. mahewitt

mahewitt

Many thanks @cygnusprojects . Hope it meets your needs. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

28. blackorchard

blackorchard

Hi. Just trying the package out, and have noticed that when fading between scenes, the lighting doesn't kick in. This occurs in the Demo SceneSwap-Scene1, 2 & 3, so I don't think it's anything I've set up wrong. Any idea what's causing this? I've tried this using v4.1.1 in both Unity 2017.2.0b8 and Unity 5.4.5p

29. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @blackorchard. First thanks for your support in buying the asset. Just to let you know that I ran the demo scene and confirm that I noticed the same issue. I will try a few different configurations and tests to see if I can figure what is going on, and get back.

30. mahewitt

mahewitt

31. blackorchard

blackorchard

Great. Thanks for looking into it so quickly.

32. Emperor

Emperor

When doing the box scene transition, can we use a custom shape instead of a square?

33. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @Emperor. The transitions are based upon a grey scale texture where the different shades represent the transparency over time. In that sense you can create most shapes. Look under the FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/Textures folder for examples of the provided transition textures.

Hope that answers your question?

Mark

34. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @WhereTheIDivides. That script was remove in one of the recent updates (I have seen Unity doesn't always pick up such things when updating). Can you delete the old Assets/FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions folder (take a backup first) and then reimport the latest version.

Let me know if that helps.

Mark

35. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @WhereTheIDivides. I tried to reproduce, but it worked here (using 2017.3.0 and latest BT). Steps I took were as follows:

1. Create a new scene and add Cube and UI button gameobjects.
    2. Add Scale Transition to the Cube and enable auto run.
    3. To Scale Transition In - On Complete add the (same) cube gameobject and the TransitionScale.TransitionOut method to trigger transition out immediately.
    4. To Scale Transition Out - On Complete add the button gameobject, Button.interactable and select the checkbox.
    5. Run.
    Can you confirm if the above works?

Thanks,
    Mark

upload_2018-2-13_21-25-12.png

36. GenkaiStudio

GenkaiStudio

Hello. I have an issue. I'm attempting to crossfade an scene with a dynamic scene name (it comes from a variable).

The TransitionOutAndLoadScene method throws error if the scene name is set to empty on the transition object, with the Scene Change Mode set to Cross Transition, through in my code I'm setting the scene name (I tried both with dynamic naming, or a string with the true scene name).

I cannot manage a solution to this issue.

upload_2018-8-28_14-59-50.png

...error goes as it follows:

SceneName must be specified.
    Assertion failure. Value was True
    Expected: False
    UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert:IsFalse(Boolean, String)
    BeautifulTransitions.Scripts.Transitions.TransitionHelper:LoadScene(String) (at Assets/Import/FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/Scripts/Transitions/TransitionHelper.cs:380)
    BeautifulTransitions.Scripts.Transitions.TransitionSteps.<LoadSceneAndWaitForLoad>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Import/FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/Scripts/Transitions/TransitionSteps/TransitionController.cs:96)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    BeautifulTransitions.Scripts.Transitions.TransitionSteps.<TransitionLoop>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Import/FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/Scripts/Transitions/TransitionSteps/TransitionStepScreen.cs:120)

---

I wonder if there is a way to set the SceneName of a transition object.

37. Pnvanol

Pnvanol

Hi how do I simply access the color component of the wipescreen component through script so that I can change the color?

38. mahewitt

mahewitt

Hi @Pnvanol. If you get a reference to the component either through a public variable or GetComponent<WipeScreen>() then you should be able to modify the color used through the InConfig.Color / OutCOnfig.Color variables.

Regards,
    Mark

39. hottabych

hottabych

Hi. How to expand an UI Button to fullscreen? What a transition type should I use?

Do you have a Discord channel?

40. tonythedad

tonythedad

41. blacksun666

blacksun666

a lot of the tutorial/blog pages seem to have disappeared, it's not just you.

42. tonythedad

tonythedad

^^^^^ DUUUDE! THANK YOU FOR THIS PRO TIP ^^^^^

43. spryx

spryx

Does anyone know if this asset works with URP?

44. PadraigCrowley

PadraigCrowley

Hi @mahewitt,

Can you help me with how I do the above?

In my case, I have a Move Transition component on a Panel gameobject, and if I do this:
    var transition = MainPauseMenuButtonTransitions.GetComponent<Move>();

I get:
    ArgumentException: GetComponent requires that the requested component 'Move' derives from MonoBehaviour or Component or is an interface.

Or if I declare a public variable to be able to manually set it in the inspector, e.g.
    Public Move MainPauseMenuButtonTransitions;

It doesn't actually show up in the inspector.

Should I be using different type, as opposed to 'Move'?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  45. spikezart

spikezart

Hi @mahewitt, Ive just registered at your support forum on flipwebapps.com but its not enabled for posting so I assume here is where to post support questions.
    Im looking at the CameraCrossTransition demo but the fade and swipes are not working from the demo. Is there anything else the demo needs to be able to work?

I'm getting this error when I load a demo scene:
    "
    Component GUI Layer in Main Camera for Scene Assets/FlipWebApps/BeautifulTransitions/_Demo/Transitions/CameraCrossTransition.unity is no longer available.
    It will be removed after you edit this GameObject and save the Scene.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)"

46. spikezart

spikezart

Is this asset not supported anymore?

47. spikezart

spikezart

Clearly not supported anymore.