Search Unity

BeamSlider

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by thyriax, May 22, 2014.

1. thyriax

thyriax

Hello*!

Let me introduce you my first game*: BeamSlider.

It's a remake of an old game released in 1983/1984*: BeamRider.

The plot is simple*: Kill enemies and save the Earth*! (script for next Michael Bay's movie..)

The hame got 50 levels with difficulty rising higher and higher.

There're 5 Boss and so 5 bonus level named «*Trench*».

No fancy bonus, no superpowered missiles, just yourself and your reflex*!

Keyboard and controllers supported* (See in game menu for controls)

Well, have fun like i was to building this game.

Don't hesitate for sharing your scores*!

Make wih Unity 3d Free, PlayMaker for the «*code*», LMMS for the musique.

DL : http://www.torii-games.com/games/beamslider/beamslider.zip

$image_01.png
    $image_02.png
    $image_03.png
    $image_04.png

2. deadfire52

deadfire52

This looks sick! Do you have a web player version?

3. thyriax

thyriax

Hi deadfire52!
    WebPlayer is not release for now. (only when the website will be online)
    But try zip file, it's only 33 Mo !!

4. justicar

justicar

Please put in a method for ending the game. Also, have "Play in window" checked by default. I mention this because I could not exit and had to log off my system (no, Esc did not work, and neither did Ctrl-Alt-Dlt).

I question the collision detection. It seems like your weapon's wave can go around a target without hitting it. Is there a reason your beam stops half-way and doesn't continue thru to the horizon? You can blow up the guys that slide straight and their death sequence is so long that their explosion can kill you. Seems unfair. You travel on just just the 5 lanes, yes? Maybe one button push = one lane change (instead of it continuing to change lanes as long as you're holding the button. It seems very sensitive/twitchy right now. Because it's continuous, it's not immediately obvious that you're in lanes). Instead of three numbers at the time, some indication for what they are. Either words or icons would be better than unlabeled numbers. You really shouldn't be able to launch a missile while you're still in the starting gate. An overview of the commands on the title/start screen would be nice.

I think it's a great concept and visually it's wonderful. I just found it frustrating to play because of a bunch of little issues. And they really are little issues. But I'm sensitive like that. I'm big on games providing feedback to players.