Search Unity

Bay Area Social Games Meetup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HiggyB, Feb 23, 2009.

1. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Do you live in the San Francisco Bay Area? If so, are you a part of the Social Games Meetup group? If you're not then I can recommend it as a way to get in touch with the local game developer community and to learn a bit about what's going on in our industry:

Bay Area Social Games Meetup

I, along with my fellow UT San Francisco crew, attended a prior event and found it to be very enjoyable (some logistical issues but great connections none the less). I'll be attending the next event scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) night about monetization. If you're gonna be there then post up so we can find each other and tip a pint while we chat up others in the crowd!

2. gtjuggler

gtjuggler

3. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

i live in Marin. What's up with this Bay Area thing? What goes on in it? I'm curious. ;)

4. Hanford

Hanford

I am going to attempt to make it. I'll look for you, Tom!

5. aaron-parr

aaron-parr

I'll try to make it. I've got a meeting with some clients that should end at 5pm.

BTW... I also found this group on Meetup:
    Bay Area Game Dev Meetup

Seems more general, but surprisingly with a small following. Perhaps because they don't select themes for their meetup.

6. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

And like a sad sack I won't be there. I got all excited and told my girlfriend what I'd be up to tonight and I got scolded for forgetting we had dinner plans with friends... :eek: :D

It does seem that Amir and Joe will be there though, so Unity should still be in the house!

@boomaster: it's a monthly or so meet-up of bay area people working in the casual games industry (publishers, portals, developers, artists, etc.). Each meet-up has a different topic or theme (tonight is on monetization), there is a panel discussion to start with a few specific presenters, then it turns into a general social affair after that. They do tend to serve alcohol so I'm not sure if there's any sort of age limit in place (it's held at an art gallery though, not a bar). Follow the URL, read up on your own from there.

7. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Hey, we have a group here in Sacramento as well!

http://www.meetup.com/gamedeveloper/

I and a few others would be interested in attending, especially if you guys are Unity devs...

8. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Joined! And I might make that March 7th meet up too. :D

9. User340

User340

@HiggyB: Were going to the Sacramento meet up group this Saturday at noon. Hope to see you there.

10. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Won't be there, I've got plans with the girlfriend for Saturday so I can't make it (this is also why I asked that our Smash Bros. time be moved to Sunday as well). Let me know how it goes as I want to start attending the Sacto meetings!

11. User340

User340

Will do.