Search Unity

Bug Batchmode fails in case of a folder GUID change

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by liortal, Sep 22, 2020.

1. liortal

liortal

I have reported this annoying bug:
    (Case 1276867) Batchmode run results in compiler error if folder GUID changes

It's causing us a lot of problems, blood and tears.

I have never received any acknowledgement about this bug - were you guys able to reproduce it?
    Also - is there any workaround or fix for it in a newer Unity version? we are currently on 2018.4.0f1. @alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  2. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

The bug hasn't been yet processed - I've subscribed to the case and let you know once it progresses.
    I can see we have some related cases (e.g. https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...errors-in-the-console-while-opening-a-project - similar issue related, though to PackageManager itself), but not exact this one.

3. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

liortal likes this.
  4. liortal

liortal

Thanks for clarifying!

Out of interest - is it related to package manager ? or to what?
    As a sidenote - in the editor log i can see the same assembly being compiled multiple times (Assembly-Csharp) is this normal behaviour? why does it happen ?

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  5. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

yes, it was related to the package manager.

do you mean on project open/import, build process or regularly after script changes?
    E.g. during a build we recompile assemblies due to c# defines being different for the player/platform.

6. liortal

liortal

It's on project open/import. As part of investigating this bug (which results in compiler errors) i looked at numerous Editor.log files. In these files it seems as if compilation happens multiple times, each time producing compiler errors (might even be different ones).

I was wondering why that happens and whether that was expected behaviour.