Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Batch mode license management

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by tcoles, Apr 18, 2018.

1. tcoles

tcoles

Does 2018 change the way batch mode license management works?

To activate a seat I used to run (in 2017.3.1p4):

Unity.exe -batchmode -quit -serial $Serial -username $User -password $Pass -logFile $Log

And later to return that seat:

Unity.exe -batchmode -quit -returnlicense -logFile $Log

Neither seems to be doing the trick in 2018.1.0b13. When I start the editor, I'm still logged out (in the first case), or still logged in (in the second case).

Acquiring the license, there are no obvious error messages in the log files. Returning the license, the log file has some LICENSE SYSTEM chatter terminated by:

"Cancelling DisplayDialog: Failed to return license Unity license return request has timed out. Please verify that you are connected to the Internet and/or try again later."

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

The log shows Unity (2018.1.0b13) cannot connect to Unity online service. Can you check if executable file have required network access permission? There is no design change between 2017.3 to 2018.1

3. tcoles

tcoles

Running the GUI, there are no issues acquiring or returning a license. I believe this rules out network access problems.

4. JJJohan

JJJohan

The problem is Unity is "showing" you the 'terms and conditions' popup and waiting for you to click accept. After a while it times out. You can use a workaround from this thread, although it's less than ideal having to create a virtual frame buffer etc.

This is the same issue but for the Linux Editor. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the equivalent way of doing it under Windows would be.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/cant-get-license-in-headless-nographics-mode-timeout-error.479960/

5. tcoles

tcoles

Yikes. I spent a lot of time messing around with the Linux Editor as a build tool. I hoped moving to Windows would free us from these kinds of issues. 2017.3 was fine, at least...