Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Batch mode builds since updating to hub 3.4.1 Failing unless I manually return licence every build

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by protoCorey, Jan 5, 2023.

1. protoCorey

protoCorey

Hi,

I'm having an odd issue when doing our team city builds where I get the following error.

Code (CSharp):
    2. 14:31:06   [Licensing::Module] Successfully connected to LicensingClient on channel: "LicenseClient-buildmachine" (connect: 0.00s, validation: 0.01s, handshake: 0.58s)
    3. 14:31:06   [Licensing::IpcConnector] Successfully connected to the License Notification on channel: "LicenseClient-buildmachine-notifications"
    4. 14:31:06   [Licensing::Client] Successfully updated the access token
    5. 14:31:06   [Licensing::Module] Successfully updated the access token XXXXX
    6. 14:31:07   [Licensing::Client] Successfully processed license management request
    7. 14:31:07   [Licensing::Module] Successfully activated the entitlement license
    8. 14:31:07   [Licensing::Client] Successfully queried for the EntitlementGroupsDetails
    9. 14:31:07   [Licensing::Module] We are aborting activation, because there is already a license file (masked serial: XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, status: valid), and it must be returned before activating it
    10. 14:31:07   Exiting without the bug reporter. Application will terminate with return code 1
    I'm able to build without getting this error if I manually return that licence EVERY single build. If I run a second build without returning it the build will fail. This wasn't happening yesterday and I'm pretty sure it's been since updating to hub 3.4.1

Anyone have a solution? Or is this a new bug?

vlasove likes this.
  2. grapefrukt

grapefrukt

I started getting the same errors today. Also on a build server.
    I went from 2021.3.10f1 to 2021.3.21f1, but also upgraded Unity Hub to 3.4.1 at the same time.

3. grapefrukt

grapefrukt

I took out the serial/username/password from the batch mode arguments and it at least builds now, but that will break again whenever the local license expires I guess.

4. vlasove

vlasove

I've got exactly the same problem after we moved from 2021.3.14 to 2021.3.22. Do you have any updates on this issue, or maybe you've found some workarounds?

5. vlasove

vlasove

In our case it seems to be related to this issue. The fix is scheduled to 2021.3.23 so we had to revert to the previous version and wait

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  6. shochet

shochet

Our workaround was to remove the -serial arg, and use -username and -password instead.
    We're on 2021.3.21 built from Jenkins command line on MacOS.