Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Basic valid data collection consent opt-in question

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by NullKermit, Dec 3, 2023.

1. NullKermit

NullKermit

I would like to collect basic data using unity analytics. Probably typical, very mild case of data collection in games - nothing connected to real life (single player pc game so no phone-related info), only other additional unity cloud service would be crash reports (no ads, microtransactions etc.), no selling data to third parties, custom events are only gameplay data used only to improve gameplay, opt-out and delete-all-my-data buttons in the settings.
    1. What is minimal info I need to provide to user to ask him about consent to collect the data assuming I don't want to voliate GDPR and other similar regulations? I aim here to have 1 consent-asking popup that covers all the regulations instead of having separate popup that suits only regulations applicable to specific user with minimum info required per regulation.
    2. Do I need to add something that mentions Unity Analytics as it will be used to collect/store data?
      1. If yes, then do I need to use link to unity privacy policy (https://unity.com/legal/game-player-and-app-user-privacy-policy - is it this link?)?
      2. If no, then what do I need to mention that is not category of gameplay data that unity gathers (like ip address)?
    3. Is there generic text somewhere I could copy and paste that would include stuff above after minor modifications? Obviously I don't hope to get legal advice ideally tailored to my specific needs on the forum but just template that is decent starting point.