Search Unity

Bash The Bankers Looking for feedback on our trailer before posting to YouTube 90 sec

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Johnny-Photon, Jan 26, 2012.

?

What did you think of our trailer?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2012.
  1. Made me want to buy the game!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Liked it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It was O.K.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Needs work!

100.0%
  5. Worst trailer ever!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Johnny-Photon

Johnny-Photon

Hi All!

I hope this is the right place to put this. The game is finished but the trailer is a WIP.

We have been working on a trailer for our physics puzzler game Bash The Bankers.

Here is the thread for the game in Showcase http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/118360-Bash-The-Bankers

I've posted a small version on our website (640 pix wide). We were hoping we might gets some comments on it before we post the large version to YouTube.

Here is the link to the trailer http://bashthebankers.com/trailer.htm

Thanks in advance for taking a look!

We are adding a poll to make it easier for people to give us feedback. Thanks for participating!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

I would strongly recommend not using a robot to do the voiceover, it is really distracting and reminds me of those atrocious amateur videos like the "i want an iPhone" one.

the graphics could use a little polish in that the foreground objects and background seems to be too close in value such that it feels a little unprofessional. maybe lighten the background so that it doesn't clash with the foreground objects?

3. Johnny-Photon

Johnny-Photon

Red,

First of all, thank you for commenting. I can tell we have gotten a fair number of views but very little feedback. Ah the voice over... we had a really bad synthetic voice originally, this one is an improvement but you are right it still sounds pretty synthetic. I guess I liked the accent but that was about it. What kind of voice would you like to hear? I considered asking some kids to do it to make it more fun.

The background/foreground was one of those things you think will not take a lot of time in a project. I can't believe how much time I wasted re-designing that. We tried all kinds of images, different contrast levels, and so forth. In the end we struck a balance which is not perfect but seemed workable. Now that we realized we will likely never be able to come under the 20MB telecom download limit. We are reconsidering a lot of the textures we used.

Thank you again for the feedback.