Search Unity

Barren wasteland of no replies

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Fingerbob, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Fingerbob

Fingerbob

Is it worth asking a question here, or are we going to get tumbleweed for the foreseeable future? Lots of posts, nearly all of them have zero replies.

Cmon Unity folks, get engaged.

sergiusz308 likes this.
  2. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Unity people answering in this forum are people also developing the VFX Graph.
    So we obviously cannot be here always but we'll try to answer as fast and accurately as possible.
    Please understand this and give us the time.

3. Fingerbob

Fingerbob

Yay! my job here is done.

Of course we understand, and a day (or two, or three) is acceptable, but you folks have to understand that we're trying to use these wonderful tools you provide, most everyone has come here with questions at the end of a very long headscratching session and probably run out of google-fu, and then (and likely only then) asked for help. If they see tumbleweed, they're going to stop trying.

You folks are doing a great job. Engagement and support is a key part of that. Keep it up ;)

4. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Well, I had two very important problems with VFX and got immedately answers, that solved my problems.
    Also the Unity staff here answering were very fast for me. Thank you. But I guess sometimes you have more luck then others.

5. Crouching-Tuna

Crouching-Tuna

The Unity discord is very active, especially for preview stuff like Vfx and ECS
    I only post here if no one can answer there, or my problem is a bit too complicated and would rather be posted somewhere that's more persistent
    But yeah, try the discord first, i'm sure someone (and maybe me) can answer, even if our answer is "uhh, idk. Try post in forums" =P

Cheers

alexchesser likes this.
  6. alexchesser

alexchesser

Oh! that's a hot tip! thanks Tuna
    To save anyone else a google https://discordapp.com/invite/unity

sergiusz308 likes this.