Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Baroque Mansion - Unity Environment

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Wawruch2, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Hello! I made HDRP Environment and decided to put it on the asset store. It took 2 years of my free time, about 1200h went into it. Now it's done & published! https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/232141

I wanted to show off this environment. I'm aware that it's nieche topic but I'm sure someone out there is trying to make AA/AAA looking game with garden or medieval/baroque interior.

There's playable demo https://drive.google.com/file/d/1buDRuM0Qo7QG4XcZpsgy5KOHtNGNNDDZ/view To run it you need any GPU that supports DX11, there's no raytracing.

It's based on Bakery Lightmapper, and have shaders prepared for it. I'll be answering any questions in this topic. Thank you!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 12.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  2. Zapan15

Zapan15

Nice! :)

3. impheris

impheris

veeery nice indeed but it look like you are using too much the AO and is killing your work a little bit

4. petercbritton

petercbritton

Looks great.

5. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Glad to see this finally out there well done.

I like the muted post processing it adds decent contrast with the colour of the scene and the neutral colours.

There's a lot going on in the scene and your story telling for prop placement is wonderful, it's surprising how often that step is still missed in some works, in favour of just procedural placement perhaps.

Since you used bakery to bake the scene I don't have an specific feedback for that however, if you ever wanted to AB your own scenes for study, I'd highly recommend building ( if able) a DX 12 test scene with path tracing with a no or low Post Processing stack.

You can really get nitty gritty with your lighting and and reflections no extra efforts required.

This method can always open new ideas and bring extra levels to what you could try again or different approaches when it comes to baking.
    More optimal placements of reflection probes can often be realised this way.

Overall your full production cycle for this scene is absolutely invaluable and a huge congratulations to you for completing such a fantastic project kudos!