Search Unity

Banner ads preventing clicks on UI

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mm1982, Mar 3, 2019.

1. mm1982

mm1982

Hi,

I am just starting to integrate unity ads into my mobile app. I've integrated a banner ad at the top of the screen.

I have 2 issues. The first major issue is, that once a banner ad is shown, the UI buttons directly below it are un-clickable (see screenshot for reference).

Is there a required spacing buffer between the banner and any interactable elements? I did not see any mention of this in the documentation? Has anyone else run into any issues like this?

The second minor issue is regarding the banner position. When I try using BannerPosition.TOP_CENTER, the banner displays centered at the top left corner of the screen (see second screenshot for reference). The first screenshot that has the banner ad fully visible is actually using TOP_RIGHT.

I'm using the latest monetization package from the asset store (v3.0.1) and Unity 2017.4.3f1.

Thanks for any help

Code (CSharp):
    1. Advertisement.Banner.SetPosition(BannerPosition.TOP_CENTER); // this displays the banner partially obscured
    3. Advertisement.Banner.SetPosition(BannerPosition.TOP_RIGHT); // this displays the banner fully visible left-aligned

Attached Files:

2. stesk

stesk

I have the same identical issues and I cannot find a solution anywhere.

3. DeborThiel

DeborThiel

I also have the same problem, UI not clickable in a big area around the banner ad and the banner position is not correct:
    When I set the banner position to BOTTOM_CENTER, only half of the banner is shown, like in your second picture. When I set it to BOTTOM_LEFT around 2/3 of the banner is shown and when the position is BOTTOM_RIGHT, the banner disappears.

Sorry for not helping you, but hopefully someone can.

4. mm1982

mm1982

thanks, it helps to confirm others are seeing the same issue... havent had a chance to dig into this much yet, but if I find something I'll post here

5. mm1982

mm1982

what Unity version are you using?

6. mm1982

mm1982

I tried upgrading Unity to 2018.3, but then the banner didnt display at all, in the Editor nor on the device

7. DeborThiel

DeborThiel

I am using 2018.3.
    Btw in the editor everything works as expected, but on the device the banner is shown wrong, as I described in my last post.

8. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@mm1982, @DeborThiel, @stefano-schieppati

Thanks for reporting these issue. I will pass this along to the engineering team.

If anyone has more details on when these issues started occurring, that would be very helpful in narrowing down the root cause.

9. PrankTech

PrankTech

The issue has arisen at some point in the last week, before that the banner position was working as it should centred and at the bottom of the screen by default now I'm experiencing the same issues as others mentioned above.

10. mm1982

mm1982

Thanks for the response... I assume this was already addressed? It seems like the banner works as expected now. Both my issues have gone away since yesterday evening when I was putting together a test case. The banner now shows centered appropriately and the UI buttons directly below it are clickable

11. DeborThiel

DeborThiel

I can confirm that. Just tried it again and now it works perfectly!