Search Unity

Banner Ads on Android not loading, and not calling OnLoadError

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by GrumpyScott, Sep 29, 2019.

1. GrumpyScott

GrumpyScott

I am integrating UnityAds support into our application and am having problems on Android.
    When I Load a banner ad for the first time, I will get a 'no fill' error with the expected OnLoadError callback.
    On subsequent load attempts, I get either no log or an error log from UnityAds, but no corresponding OnLoadError callback.

For the first fetch, here is the output logs:

Code (CSharp):
    1. E/UnityAds: com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logError() (line:70) :: No fill for placement banner
    2. W/UnityAds: com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logWarning() (line:76) :: Could not show banner due to No fill for placement banner
    3. [INTERNAL LOG FROM OnLoadError callback]-Warning-AdHandler_Unity_Banner.OnLoadError: banner --- Banner placement banner returned no fill
    For subsequent fetches, I will get nothing in the log, or just the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. E/UnityAds: com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logError() (line:70) :: No fill for placement banner
    Note the lack of OnLoadError in the subsequent cases.
    I am using testMode and placementMode in my tests.
    I also did a quick test w/ testmode disabled just to see if it behaved differently... it did not.

Is this a known issue?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@GrumpyScott,

Yes, I believe this is expected behavior when there is a no fill response. Even when you try to load another banner, the SDK will know the last response was a no fill and wait until enough time has passed before making a new request. This is why you don't get the OnLoadError again. I believe the amount of time is around 30 seconds, but will increase with subsequent no fills.

The reason this happens is because if there are no banners available for the first request, any subsequent requests are also likely to no fill if requested too soon after. This is just a way for the SDK to reduce unnecessary network calls.

gjaprakash likes this.