Search Unity

Question Banner ads and Unity Mediation

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by devanandrajasekar04, Jan 16, 2022.

1. devanandrajasekar04

devanandrajasekar04

I am a Android Game Developer. I developed many games and Apps. Recently I come to know about Unity Mediation, So I tried to use it for my new game. While developing I come to know that There is no Banner Ad support in Unity Mediation. So is there any way to Implement Unity Banner ad and Rewarded Ad with Unity Mediation Together?

DavidZobrist and coldkings like this.
  2. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @devanandrajasekar04 ,
    While Unity does not support banners at the moment, we know some users are using a combination of mediation and Unity Ads (for banners). Unfortunately we do not explicitly support that scenario and can not offer a guide, but you will likely be able to find someone who can share their experience doing so.

3. ashirmehmood

ashirmehmood

When will unity mediation provide support for banner ads ?

DavidZobrist and coldkings like this.
  4. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @ashirmehmood ,
    I unfortunately can't provide any dates without incurring the wrath of my fellow engineers, and managers :eek:. Priorities change, dates slip, and we prefer to take the time to offer a robust solution, rather than conform to estimates.

What I can say is that banner support is definitely in our plans, and the feature should be hopefully available soon (tm)

5. SuperVidde

SuperVidde

PLEASE add "not supported" next to the banner ID's in the Mediation Ad units panel if they are not supported! I googled myself half to death during many hours because it very much look supported! banner ad unit.PNG

Attached Files:

6. jonathan_rene

jonathan_rene

Unity Technologies

Hello there,

Indeed this was not really clear and so, as proposed by @SuperVidde (thank you!) , we've added information to highlight this specific detail in different places such as ad-units management:
    banner_unavailable.png

Those ad-units should only be able to exist if the project was originally as Exclusive or Third party mediated (available when enabling ads for a project or in section 'Mediation partner' in project settings).
    This means that it's still possible that a previous build of the game uses those banner and generate revenue. Hence there is still the need to be able to manage them. That's why they are available in ad-units management but are not able to be used for mediation.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for banner in Unity mediation until we actually support them. :)

WaffleChicken likes this.
  7. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

Any updates on banner support for the mediation package?

PsijicNine likes this.
  8. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

I think it is safe to announce it now, unless something really exceptional happens, banners should be included in our next mediation release. I can't give an exact date for said release, but we are working on wrapping up the release. Please note that banners may be rolled out progressively, starting with a few early adopters to make sure everything is working as intended before making them widely available. The mediation team is aware that this is a feature many of you are waiting for, and we want to offer it soon, but we also want to make sure the experience is a positive one :)

9. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

@jcGrenier That are very good news! (Even if it takes another 2-3 months)

Banner ads for our type of games ("idle games"), have been always 30% of our ad revenue. So it is good to hear we will have them in the official unity mediation instead of using another thirdparty solution. (previous Admob mediation)

PsijicNine and TATEY-APPS like this.
  10. rbitard

rbitard

I was wondering how to do it too :D, How can we know when the next release hit ? I believe we'll get an email like when you use an asset ?

11. DeclanMcPartlin

DeclanMcPartlin

Unity Technologies

Hey @rbitard,

While we don't have banners publicly available yet, please continue to check our technical documentation for accepted ad formats. Also, if you'd like to sign up for early access to features in development, you can do-so here. Or, you can stay up to date with new features from Unity ads by signing up for our monthly newsletter.

We will also post here to let you know when the banners feature is publicly available.

rbitard and DavidZobrist like this.
  12. binaryabysinia

binaryabysinia

Hey there

On mediation sdk 0.5.0 I see in code generator a Banner Ad is that means its now added we can use the Banner ads in mediation

PsijicNine and DavidZobrist like this.
  13. enhawk

enhawk

Are banner ads supported now?

PsijicNine and DavidZobrist like this.
  14. Ortiz_Daniel

Ortiz_Daniel

Unity Technologies

Hi Binaryabysinia and Hawken,

We are actively making improvements to our product and while we don't have banners available yet, I'd recommend checking in on our technical documentation for officially supported formats from time to time. In the meantime feel free to sign up up for a chance to gain access to early features in development by filling out our early access form here.

15. kubpica

kubpica

Still waiting :)

rbitard and DavidZobrist like this.
  16. Ortiz_Daniel

Ortiz_Daniel

Unity Technologies

Hi Everyone,

The Banners Beta is now live, you should all now have access to set up banner waterfalls!

Please review the docs and try out the new feature.

Best,
    Daniel Ortiz

17. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

18. RapidTurtleGames

RapidTurtleGames

Really good news!

19. iddqd

iddqd

Hi @Ortiz_Daniel

When I click on "Add Ad Unit" in the Mediation Backend, the Banners are still missing.
    I have the mediation package 0.5.1-preview.1

Any idea what could be the cause for this, the docs don't mention any "opt-in".

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  20. Ortiz_Daniel

Ortiz_Daniel

Unity Technologies

Hi @iddqd,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is strange indeed, can you share any details on your project, name, project ID etc...

That would help me look into this issue.

Feel free to message me directly if you don't want to share this information publicly.

Best,
    Daniel Ortiz

iddqd likes this.
  21. Shisha_x

Shisha_x

Hi @Ortiz_Daniel ,
    I use Unity Mediation, but very often I see this on android for Banner: " No line item filled!"
    How to figure out with it?

Also have some questions about best practices:
    - Does anybody know the best way to show/hide the banner? It shows automatically after LoadAsync() method.
    - Is there any way to resize or bind the banner to UI elements like on the popups elements?

Version 1.0.4 - August 31, 2022

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  22. DeclanMcPartlin

DeclanMcPartlin

Unity Technologies

Hi @Shisha_x, if you regularly get No line item filled, I would recommend adding more ad networks. Admob does well with banners in my experience.

You can't hide a banner. It needs to be visible at all times, you can destroy the object though, then recreate it later when you would like to show it again.

Banners are tied to the global screen coordinates, there are likely ways of showing it in a custom location using the offsets, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Shisha_x likes this.
  23. Shisha_x

Shisha_x

Hi @DeclanMcPartlin,

Thanks for reply!

I have at least 3 ad networks including Admob and AdColony, but the app is not yet verified in the App store/GooglePlay is that mandatory for these networks?

All the best!

24. DeclanMcPartlin

DeclanMcPartlin

Unity Technologies

I'd recommend checking the documentation for each ad network separately, but I believe that for live ads on Admob, you need to prove your app is a live valid one.

Shisha_x likes this.