Search Unity

Baking Shadows 2018.3 possible ?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Matze_MP, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Matze_MP

Matze_MP

Hi,

just one quick Question, i was just wondering if it is possible to bake shadows within the light maps With other lights than !Directional Light! that is generatet. I tried several Setups but still got no shadows baked, i am not even talking about soft shadows, i got NO shadows at all.

thanks..

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Make sure that your light type is set to baked, and you have shadow casting enabled in your lights.

3. Matze_MP

Matze_MP

Thanks for your reply, i missed here something. It is just possible with Point, Spot and Directional to get soft shadows, or are there controller for rectangle Shape to get smooth shadows, i mean they are not hard at all but i dont see any controls over them?

And i got confused in the mixed mode from lightning. I guessed it should work like, the object which are static got static shadow and light baked on it. but it seems that the light does not bake shadow at this state just light ?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I'm not sure I understand.

Directional, Spot and Point do have controls for soft shadows.

Area lights (rectangle or the new circle one) don't really have controls but the shadow they make depends on the size of the lights (the bigger the area light, the softer shadows it will produce).