Search Unity

Baking shadowmask without Realtime Global Illumination?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Ruslank100, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ruslank100

Ruslank100

Hello everyone, I am baking the lightmap(shadowmask), with Realtime lighting and mixed lighting enabled in the lighting window. However, I am not interested in using the Realtime GI features(like light probes, brightness change), but disabling the realtime GI makes the scene and the shadows very dark. I am also not interested in losing these low - quality baked shadows, because they are making the game much more beautiful.
    I am using the 2018.2.6f1 version of unity editor.
    Any idea how do I achieve shadowmask without realtime GI?
    Thanks a lot for the help!

2. fguinier

fguinier

Unity Technologies

3. Ruslank100

Ruslank100

Thanks for the reply! Disabling Realtime GI make all the baked objects very dark. If this helps, I am using a directional light and the light mode is mixed(since I want to get shadows from dynamic GameObjects)

4. fguinier

fguinier

Unity Technologies

Baked GI should be able to contribute a similar amount of indirect light to your scene that realtime GI. It is actually advisable to deactivate realtime if the lighting is static at runtime, you can get less artefacts and better performance then. Solution might be around this setting https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/GlobalIllumination.html#MixedLighting.

5. Ruslank100

Ruslank100

I finally succesed with baking lightmaps. After I have enabled bounces in the lightmapper settings, I was finally able to bake lightmaps without GI.

6. Ruslank100

Ruslank100

Thanks for the help! You can lock the thread