Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Baking Realtime / directional specuar

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Phantomx, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Phantomx

Phantomx

Hey,
    I want ton achieve the best visual look so I use Baking mode to realtime on my light and Directional Specular mode. Then it takes ages to bake and I get my result, but as soon as I switch scene and come back, the baking starts over.... How do you bake it for good? what's happening with that when you build your game?

The only thing it creates is a LightmapSnapshot.asset files that takes crazy amount of space (622mb) for a really small scene. My baking resolution is 15 and I don't use final Gather

Thanks!

2. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Hi @Phantomx!

We have found an issue with lightmap snapshots getting recomputed on reload. It should be fixed in RC3. If it isn't, please report this using the bugreporter. As a workaround, you can try using Continuous Baking.

N.B. As a rule of thumb, use a low Precomputed Realtime GI Resolution (1 or 2) and a higher Baked GI Resolution (10 - 30 or more, depending on your target platform).Final Gather only applies to Baked GI, not the Realtime GI.

3. Phantomx

Phantomx

will try that thanks!