Search Unity

Baking meshes with Alpha Cut Material

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by eduroam, Mar 15, 2021.

1. eduroam

eduroam

Hi guys.

I have an issue baking meshes with alpha cut material. If I use a custom material using shader graph with alpha cut the baking doesn't take into account the alpha (left image), but if I use a Unity Lit shader without configuring any extra step only activate the alpha clipping, everything looks fine.

Do I miss something in my custom shader in the shader graph?

Using Unity 2019.3.15f HDRP 7.4.1

Thx for any help
    Eduardo

Attached Files:

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

We had a somewhat related issue in URP which has been fixed since 2019.4 LTS. Could you try upgrading to the latest 2019.4 LTS? If the issue persists, please submit a bug. Thanks.

3. DominoOne

DominoOne

Hi! I have the same issue for the Standard Rendering Pipeline. Tried with Unity 2020.1 and 2020.2. Standard shader respects alpha, where it's being cut-off, but with a custom surface shader it doesn't respect it anymore in baked shadows (image attached). Is there anything I could do to fix or work around this?

Attached Files:

4. DominoOne

DominoOne

OK, so after reading the bug linked above again, I tried changing the main texture variable to _MainTex, and it worked. Now it respects transparency. So, I suppose Unity just has to fix the same thing for SRP as they did for URP (just different main texture variable name there).

kristijonas_unity likes this.