Search Unity

Baking lights are failing

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cruising, Oct 12, 2020.

1. cruising

cruising

Hello!

Is there any way to have Unity(2018.3.14f1) to bake baked lights as it should do?
    You can see at the pictures the result of the current baking and what settings i have.

All street lights (spotlights) are set to be baked and only affect objects in layer "Building" and "Terrain".
    Then i also have a realtime light on ever streetlamp that only lights up when "Player" enters a trigger, these lights only affect the "Player"
    Only the baked lights have the intensity set to "1" while baking, all realtime lights are set to "0"

You can see bright squares on the picture where the baking fails to bake correctly, these are the sidewalks, the roads seems to be baked correctly even that they have the exactly the same layer "Terrain".
    All you should see on the picture is light circles from the baked lights.
    Also some buildings is all bright for some reason.

I even tried to have the baked lights set to "Important" with the same results.
    I have no idea if the "CombineMeshes" script could have anything to do with this?

Any ideas for what i could try and what could be the reason why the baking result looks like this?
    UnityBakeFail.png UnityBakeFail2.png