Search Unity

Baking/generating Lightmapping does not work with Nvidia GPUs?!? Why?! Help Please

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FilotimoInnovations, Aug 12, 2021.

1. FilotimoInnovations

FilotimoInnovations

Hi All,
    I'm currently trying to Window > Rendering > Lighting and Generate Lighting with my Progessive GPU, I have a Geforce RTX 3070 so I know my GPU is good enough for pretty much anything, however Unity is telling me other wise.

1. First error when trying to generate lighting openCL Error: Falling back to CPU Lightmapper. Error call back from context: CL_MEM_Object_Allocation_failure

I researched a solution which involved switching from my latest updated gameready driver to my latest released geforce Studio Driver.

When I went back into Unity to bake the lighting it no longer gave that first error with the openCL error, instead it switched me back to my CPU and gave this error : not enough gpu memory to fit an entire lightmap, trying tiled baking mode

I can't seem to find any solution to this issue and hoping anyone has a quick fix for this. It seems ridiculous that Nvidia GPUs can't perform this task in Unity.

Thank you in advance for your time in answering.