Search Unity

Baking for Android

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by LondonStevey, Jan 30, 2017.

1. LondonStevey

LondonStevey

Hi, I'm sure I never used to have an issue with this pre 5.5, but might have missed something.
    When building for Android, my baked scenes are very very dark. The equivalent on a pc build is completely fine.
    I started using the standard shader, changed my materials to use mobile diffuse, and that didn't work. After changing them to mobile unlit, the results were better, but don't seem to work well on terrains.
    Basic scene with one directional light, set to baked, General GI is Non-Directional.
    upload_2017-1-30_14-22-53.png

If it switch to the unlit shader its better:
    upload_2017-1-30_14-26-17.png

Is this the only shader we can use for mobile baked lighting now? I'm sure I've used both the mobile diffuse and standard successfully in baked android scenes previously.

Thanks

2. Hagen

Hagen

Hi, I have the exact same problem, it started with right after migrating to 5.5. I had the mobile shader in my terrain objects before moving to 5.5 and they worked all OK. Since then I have worked on the PC version until a fix is found or a new version of Unity comes out.

3. titi38090

titi38090

Hi. I also have the same issue with Unity 5.5.0f3.
    When I'm in PC platform there's no problem, the baking is correct. But when I switch on Android platform the baking is very very very much darker, even if I put my spotlights to the max (8).

I have one directional light and 5 spotlights. All the blocks use material with standard shader and are marked "static", the 5 spotlights are in "baked" mode.

Here's the scene preview before baking :

beforeBaking.jpg

And the same just after baking :

afterBaking.jpg

We can see that only the global directional light is correctly rendered, the 5 spotlights seem to have disapeared !

The worst is that the lightmap seems to be correct, I could even say that it's too much white :

lightmap.jpg

So why the rendering is so much dark ???
    I have the same result when I export my game to an Android device.

Thanks by advance to the one who wille help us ! :)

Thierry