Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bakery - GPU Lightmapper (v1.96) + RTPreview [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by guycalledfrank, Jun 14, 2018.

1. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

I tested it on my scenes in 2019.1 and could not reproduce. What do you have in your scene? Terrains? Are trees painted with terrain editor?...

2. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

I have the one from the official download archive (non-torrent). But yeah, it's now constantly complaining about me not using the hub

upload_2019-6-4_1-44-11.png

3. Loards

Loards

No, its pro builder and the trees are placed by hand, there is nothing special in the scene worth to check. The probem started when it asked to change the light mapping tools (my past week post)

If i re-import Bakery, i get those errors again. BTW you pointed to use the Auto API updater, but nothing happens, i need to change the files by hand.

My work flow is: I have multiple scenes loaded at the same time, and i work different parts of the environment on each one, then bake light maps. All the light maps are save to the Dir of a main scene which call additive the ones that i worked.

4. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Maybe that's the problem. I'm not sure. I never used it. Check if the same problem happens on example scenes (create a reflection probe and bake). There must be something that makes your scenes behave differently to most other scenes.

I suggest contacting Unity support or filing a bug then. API updater is supposed to always work and it's out of my control.

5. Loards

Loards

im not complaining about the API auto updater, was just pointing out that.

I dont think that is pro builder, because we been using pro builder from day one and i dont think that probuilder has anything to do with the process of light mapping. I will test with one of the example scenes and in a new project.

guycalledfrank likes this.
  6. Loards

Loards

well, this was extremely weird, i opened one of the example scenes and did a test, it worked fine. Reopened my scene, and now is working fine too.... those where 4 days gone trying to fix this and it was... nothing....

thank you for the help and support.

7. SnaiperoG

SnaiperoG

Hi, i have a question. What if i making asset, and want to use Bakery to bake light in a sample scene of my asset, instead of standard unity bake. Can i do it, and will lightmaps work?

8. Zoidberg656

Zoidberg656

9. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Finally! v1.6 was submitted and will be available soon. Full changelog:

- Subtractive lighting mode support.
    - Added AO-only baking mode.
    - Added cone spot lights exactly matching HDRP.
    - Experimental: added xatlas as optional unwrapper.
    - Experimental: network baking.
    - Added "Export terrain trees" option to UI.
    - Added example scenes for subtractive and baked prefabs.
    - UV padding adjustment should be now 2x faster.
    - Point light falloff can be now tweaked.
    - HDRP shader was updated to work with 5.13.0.
    - LWRP shader was updated to work with 5.7.2.
    - L1 probes now use twice more samples than lightmaps for comparable precision.
    - L1 probe render can be properly triggered with Render Light Probes button.
    - Bakery skybox shader should now work with instancing/VR.
    - Point light gizmos now have adaptive size.
    - Added "Transparent self-shadow" option for LMGroups (useful for translucent foliage).
    - Added ray bias option for LMGroups (useful for highly perturbed normals).
    - Fixed "match" buttons not working correctly for HDRP and LWRP lights
    - Fixed lightmap texture type not always being set correctly for assets.
    - Fixed shadowmasks being broken after only calling denoiser/seam fixer without rendering.
    - Fixed incorrect L1 probe values.
    - Fixed L1 probes not working in Baked Normal Maps mode.
    - Fixed detail normal maps not working in Bakery shader with RNM mode.
    - Fixed Render Selected/Light Probes not re-applying previously baked vertex LMs.
    - Fixed file access when some version control systems mark files as read-only.
    - Fixed errors sometimes appearing after deleting baked shadowmasked lights.
    - Fixed incorrect packing of object hierarchies with custom UVs.
    - Fixed scene export error after using UV validation feature.
    - Fixed terrains baked black in Baked Normal Maps mode.
    - Fixed using RTX mode with GI VRAM optimization.
    - Fixed VRAM estimation in large scenes.
    - Bakery Wiki is now open!

upload_2019-6-4_19-31-59.png

Weird... doesn't seem right. Tell me if it ever repeats.

Do you mean you want to publish your asset on the store later?
    This is possible, but you'll need to include a few scripts: https://geom.io/bakery/wiki/index.p..._who_doesn.E2.80.99t_have_Bakery_installed.3F

First pic is amazing! :)

CoastKid, tntfoz, Tudor and 3 others like this.
  10. Suiheisen

Suiheisen

what is the meaning of this error?

Attached Files:

11. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

12. Loards

Loards

Awesome for the update! cant wait.

And the problem, happened again, and now cant reproduce the fix, keeps doing the whole light mapping process using unity light mapper instead of only reflection probes. :s i will try to track the issue.

EDIT: its working again, im really trying to figure out what its going on, for now the info is:

I have multiple scenes loaded.
    I change constantly between them to make changes but i make light maps only in the "main one"

Changing between the scenes seem to get rid of the problem, but appear to be random.

Also, setting still are been erased, apparently is also related to have multiple scenes loaded at the same time.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  13. Tudor

Tudor

Oh then I think I was remembering what happens if/when you want to get the alpha/beta versions of unity.

14. Tudor

Tudor

[To everyone]

I had the issue that whenever I clicked Render Selected Groups, it would bake successfully, and the selected groups would be rendered, but all non-re-rendered lightmap groups in the scene would suddenly get broken (broken lightmap references or broken UVs).

So I made a quick script to fix this issue.
    The script should also help you toggle/switch between lightmaps at runtime to for example turn baked lamps in a room on or off. (and doesn't care about (nested) prefabs)

Script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    6. [ExecuteInEditMode]
    7. public class BakeryLightmapManager : MonoBehaviour
    8. {
    9.     LightmapData[] m_savedSceneLightmapData;
    11.     [System.Serializable]
    12.     public struct CustomLightmaps{
    13.         public Texture2D lightmapColor;
    14.         public Texture2D lightmapDir;
    15.         //public Texture2D lightmapLight;
    16.         public Texture2D shadowMask;
    17.     }
    19.     [SerializeField]
    20.     List<CustomLightmapsArray> m_savedSceneLightmaps;
    21.     //CustomLightmaps[] m_savedSceneLightmaps;
    22.     [Space(30)]
    23.     [TextArea(3,3)]
    24.     public string info0 = "Press this bool after you finished a full bake \nto record all generated lightmap references.";
    25.     [Space(15)]  
    26.     [SerializeField]
    27.     bool m_SaveNewLightmapData;
    29.     [Space(15)]  
    30.     [TextArea(3,3)]
    31.     public string info1 = "Press this bool after you Render Selected Groups \nand you see the other non-re-rendered groups \nsuddenly got broken lightmaps/UVs. Sometimes \nyou have to press this twice?";
    32.     [Space(15)]  
    33.     [SerializeField]
    34.     int m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom = 0;
    35.     [Space(15)]  
    36.     [SerializeField]
    37.     bool m_LoadLightmapFromSelection;
    38.     [System.Serializable]
    39.     public struct CustomLightmapsArray{
    40.         public CustomLightmaps[] customLightmaps;
    41.         public CustomLightmapsArray(int length){
    42.             customLightmaps = new CustomLightmaps[length];
    43.         }
    44.     }
    48.     // Update is called once per frame
    49.     void Update()
    50.     {
    51.         #if UNITY_EDITOR
    52.             if(m_SaveNewLightmapData){
    53.                 m_SaveNewLightmapData = false;
    55.                 m_savedSceneLightmapData = new LightmapData[LightmapSettings.lightmaps.Length];
    57.                 for(int i = 0; i< LightmapSettings.lightmaps.Length; i++){
    58.                     m_savedSceneLightmapData[i] = LightmapSettings.lightmaps[i];
    59.                 }
    61.                 m_savedSceneLightmaps.Add(new CustomLightmapsArray(m_savedSceneLightmapData.Length));
    62.                 int index = m_savedSceneLightmaps.Count-1;
    63.                 m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom = index;
    64.                 for(int i = 0; i< LightmapSettings.lightmaps.Length; i++){
    65.                         m_savedSceneLightmaps[index].customLightmaps[i].lightmapColor = m_savedSceneLightmapData[i].lightmapColor;
    66.                         m_savedSceneLightmaps[index].customLightmaps[i].lightmapDir = m_savedSceneLightmapData[i].lightmapDir;
    67.                         //m_savedSceneLightmaps[i].lightmapLight = m_savedSceneLightmapData[i].lightmapLight;
    68.                         m_savedSceneLightmaps[index].customLightmaps[i].shadowMask = m_savedSceneLightmapData[i].shadowMask;
    69.                 }
    70.                 Debug.Log("[BakeryLightmapManager][SAVED] Current LightmapSettings.lightmaps (lightmap texture references) saved to m_savedSceneLightmaps!");
    71.             }
    73.             if(m_LoadLightmapFromSelection){
    74.                 m_LoadLightmapFromSelection = false;
    76.                 //LightmapSettings.lightmaps = new LightmapData[m_savedSceneLightmapData.Length];
    77.                 LightmapData[] customLightmapDataArr = new LightmapData[m_savedSceneLightmaps[m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom].customLightmaps.Length];
    78.                 /*
    79.                 if(m_savedSceneLightmapData!=null)
    80.                     for(int i = 0; i< m_savedSceneLightmaps.Length; i++){
    81.                         if(i<m_savedSceneLightmapData.Length)
    82.                             customLightmapDataArr[i] = m_savedSceneLightmapData[i];
    83.                         else{
    84.                             customLightmapDataArr[i] = new LightmapData();
    85.                             Debug.Log("[BakeryLightmapManager] The internal m_savedSceneLightmapData number of textures does not match the m_savedSceneLightmaps number of textures that you have in the inspector. Did you forget to Save New Lightmap Data after the previous bake completed?");
    86.                         }
    87.                     }
    88.                 else*/
    89.                     for(int i = 0; i< m_savedSceneLightmaps[m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom].customLightmaps.Length; i++){
    90.                         customLightmapDataArr[i] = new LightmapData();
    91.                     }
    93.                 //for(int i = 0; i< LightmapSettings.lightmaps.Length; i++){
    94.                 for(int i = 0; i< m_savedSceneLightmaps[m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom].customLightmaps.Length; i++){
    95.                     customLightmapDataArr[i].lightmapColor = m_savedSceneLightmaps[m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom].customLightmaps[i].lightmapColor;
    96.                     customLightmapDataArr[i].lightmapDir = m_savedSceneLightmaps[m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom].customLightmaps[i].lightmapDir;
    97.                     customLightmapDataArr[i].shadowMask = m_savedSceneLightmaps[m_LightmapSelectionToRestoreFrom].customLightmaps[i].shadowMask;
    98.                 }
    99.                 LightmapSettings.lightmaps = customLightmapDataArr;
    101.                 Debug.Log("[BakeryLightmapManager][RESTORED] Current LightmapSettings.lightmaps (lightmap texture references) restored from m_savedSceneLightmaps!");
    102.             }
    104.         #endif
    105.     }
    106. }
    Note: I believe this will only work if all the versions of bakes you make, generate the same kind of atlases, the same number of atlases. Otherwise you have to record LightmapIndex and ScaleInLightmap, of each and every mesh renderer in the scene for each set of lightmaps you want to switch between.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  15. colin299

colin299

it just works.
    same scene, 15mins in enlighten vs 34s in Bakery.
    same scene, black seams in enlighten&progressive vs clean lightmap in Bakery.
    same scene, 2048 size lightmap just to look OK vs 1024 size perfect lightmap in Bakery.

-purchase -> add a skylight -> press bake button-> wow (total duration = 5mins)
    -no error at all, simple UI, good document
    -the default setting is working perfectly for us already.
    -fast, really fast.
    -bakery will edit mesh's uv2 ON EVERY bake according to the need, so you don't need to worry about your model asset's lightmap UV. (maybe I am wrong, but I am sure something was done to the mesh's uv2 when I press bake)
    -can implement meta pass to control the bake! (although I can't make emission to work, but I am sure I did something wrong, not bakery's problem)
    ----------------------------------------------
    but I still need some help,
    we are now trying to make the bake process automatic(we have more than 100 scenes), but we don't know how to:
    -force the bake into one single 1024 lightmap, with the highest Texels per Unit possible(so we don't waste space)
    currently our solution is, "try" different Texels per Unit, bake until the lightmap looks full, I wonder if it can be avoided by writing some code?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    RomBinDaHouse and guycalledfrank like this.
  16. Weebeez

Weebeez

So I've been looking through this thread and I haven't found a direct answer yet. This was the closest answer, but I don't know if the patch got in or not.

I am currently porting a game that has some areas that have some non-euclidean geometry. So during build/bake time there are some rooms that overlap. I can't use the native baked lighting because Unity's baking system bakes every light to every static object ignoring the Light's Culling Masks and the Object's Layer.

Am I able to bake with Bakery using Culling Masks & Layers?

Thanks for any help!

17. XRA

XRA

We've been getting an out of memory error when trying to bake light probes only (all recent versions), on a very large collection of scenes that already have lightmaps baked individually by Bakery.
    So for light probes we load up all the scenes in the master, then bake probes, this is due to how unity scene loading only uses probes from the first scene, so all must be loaded to bake the probes.

This seems to happen both in Legacy & L1 probes, when clicking Render Light Probes in Bakery.

Error (1282): Memory allocation failed (Details: Function "_rtContextLaunch2D" caught exception: Out of memory)

It sat for a while on arealightprobesh (20 minutes or so) before the error

(attached ftrace log)

Attached Files:

18. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Do you use Clear Baked Data option? It can erase the settings as well.

Baking can be scripted, see this: https://geom.io/bakery/wiki/index.php?title=How_do_I...#How_do_I_trigger_a_bake_via_scripting.3F

You can use Lightmap Groups for that: https://geom.io/bakery/wiki/index.php?title=Manual#Bakery_Lightmap_Group_Selector

Set the same group for all objects that need to share the lightmap.
    Mode = Pack Atlas.
    Resolution = 1024.
    It will then try to fit everything in this map.

You should be able to do that.
    - Use culling masks for real-time lights.
    - For baked lights use the bitmask property.
    - Use a separate Lightmap Group for every room, with a corresponding bitmask.

Check example_mixed_directional_mode scene. There is a bunch of planes, each lit by two lights. Even if you overlap them together, each plane will still only be lit by its own lights. This is done via bitmasks, you can see their values on each plane's group and the lights.

Did you bake each scene separately? But load all scenes together for the probes? Might be too much geometry to fit in memory.

colin299 likes this.
  19. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

still getting into it, but the speed difference is amazing

20. RockSPb

RockSPb

Maybe you can post some comparison screenshots?

21. Tudor

Tudor

@guycalledfrank There are some cases when the scene forgets some kind of baking reference, or believes the scene was never baked. Like for example if I upgrade the unity version on a baked project. The baked data is there, and even shows up in unity's Lighting tab, but the scene appears unbaked. What exactly is going on with unity in this scenario? Is there a way to force a "refresh" without rebaking the whole scene and then rebinding the previously-baked textures?

[Edit] Also, is there something extra I should track in version control (git)? Like some lighting file inside the Libraries folder?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  22. Loards

Loards

Yes, i use that option beause after doing the baking in full lighting mode, and if i need to change lighting, the only way to do it and have feedback is clearing the baked light before.

23. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Can only happen if you forget to save the scene after baking (or at least that's the only case I saw before).

There is indeed: go to experimental settings and uncheck all checkboxes in the "Lightmapping tasks", then hit render. It won't re-export the scene or re-render it, but it will re-encode and reimport the lightmaps (Temp files from the last bake need to remain in the temp folder though).

Lightmap-renderer links are stored in an invisible scene object. You can select/analyze it with the attached script (Bakery -> Debug select storage). Main properties are "maps" (list of lightmap textures) and "bakedRenderers" (list of mesh renderers). Since you're saying lightmaps are correctly displayed in the Lighting tab, I assume that maps array has correct values. Could renderer links break after the project upgrade? I wouldn't expect that, but worth checking.

So yeah, it clears the settings too. Ouch. Seems like I'll have to separate them to another object.
    Not sure I understood the feedback bit. Do you mean you clear it so realtime lights lose their baked status and you can interactively move them, then bake again?

Attached Files:

Tudor likes this.
  24. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

one thing thats not working for me is baking global ilumination
    i tried every mode and settings, but somehow i must have missed it ?
    i am using the LWRP

bakery
    gi_bakery.png

unity
    gi_unity.png

any ideas ?

25. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Are you on v1.6?
    LWRP did change the way they implement Meta Pass recently, breaking Bakery, but I fixed it in 1.6.
    Also which version of LWRP are you using? It can be the other way around, if you have old LWRP, but new Bakery...

26. Tudor

Tudor

Thanks for the info and insight! Here's what happened exactly:
    - I have my project version-controlled through git.
    - I have one good rendering pc with the project which was running unity 2019.1.4. I baked all of the scene on this pc and pushed all the changes to the git server.
    - I have my own pc where I had the project but I recently upgraded to unity 2019.1.5 (without opening the project). I pulled the changes (the new lightbake from the rendering pc). I then opened the project in unity 2019.1.5. *hours later* After the usual unity project upgrade reimport, asset hashes, reimport, checking, re-re-reimport etc, I saw in my scene what I described before.

How I fixed it:
    Since clearly all the git tracked files were synced properly, it meant the broken reference was somewhere else. So I upgraded the rendering PC's unity to 2019.1.5 as well, upgraded the project there too, and the lightmap was still there all FINE. So then I copied my entire Library folder from the rendering PC to my PC where the lightmap was broken, and lo and behold the lightmap reference is now there and working correctly.

That's why I asked is there any magic stored in the library folder.

27. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

using

unity 2019.1
    LWRP 5.7.2
    bakery 1.6

update:
    so i've created a new project and imported some test geometry, still no GI.
    i will try it again on my own machine when i am home, since my work machines aren't alway up to date with drivers and software updates (security reasons) and update my post accordingly.
    still not ruling out an error on my part, maybe there's some magical checkbox i didn't see until now.

is there an overview with every setting that needs to be changed ?

update2:
    so, i'am home
    i updated all my drivers and tried different unity & LWRP Versions, but cannot get GI to bake
    if i remove the LWRP and use the old unity standart RP it bakes just fine with bakery.

is there anything i need to activate in the LWRP to get it to work ?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  28. Suiheisen

Suiheisen

what is the meaning of this error?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
  29. Loards

Loards

Yes exactly that. Also, the show checker is still broken, everything is invisible when i activate the option.

also, i noticed that if i ahve the "adjust uv padding" option, and some mesh have a problem with the UVS (like overlapping) the whole editor crashes.

30. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

Yesssss.

Can’t wait to try out the new build, hopefully this would put our GPU baking woes to rest

31. namdo

namdo

I was wondering why this is happening.

I'm using Area lights on the ceiling of the house to illuminate downwards. EVeyrtime I use bakery, I get this. The black spots refuse to go.

32. lord_of_shred

lord_of_shred

Hi everyone,

I've read through the manual and the forum posts but couldn't find an answer that would help me with my current problem. I'm quite new to Bakery (great tool btw) but I've worked through the manual and the results are great.

However, I'm currently working on an application where I have to load buildings as asset bundles into the scene since some of the buildings have around 3gb of data (historical architectural stuff, needs a lot of 4k textures) and I can't find a way to get the baked lightmaps from Bakery to show up after the load (I don't get any errors in the console, just black models)

@vr1_sammy or @tgb1592006 you seem to have had the same/similar problem. Have you found a fix for it? If so, could you share it with me/others that might run into similar issues?

Thanks and cheers

33. tremault

tremault

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question, but how do I know it's working, how do I know these light and shadow i'm seeing is baked lights and shadows, and not realtime? is there some way I can preview baked lights, and realtime lights separately or something?

34. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

just move something around
    if the shadow stays, its baked

tremault likes this.
  35. tremault

tremault

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. I have static objects, lit by a point light, the light is static, it is set to baked. I move the objects and the light around after rendering with bakery, and the shadows are moving. This shouldn't be happening, right?

36. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

correct
    if you bake the shadows on static objects, they should remain, even if you remove the object casting the shadow

37. Journeythedev

Journeythedev

Im getting ftrace error. How do I resolve?

Attached Files:

38. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Woah. How am I supposed to answer that many questions :p

I honestly can't keep track of changes Unity add even to minor versions anymore. It's like every week they add/modify something that breaks something else. Ugh. Can't everyone just use one version of Unity forever? That would be amazing.

Weird, works for me.
    1. Open ftUVGBufferGen.cs.
    2. Find this line:
    bool isLWRP = materials[i].shader.name.Contains("Lightweight Render Pipeline");

3. Replace with:
    bool isLWRP = false;

I'm 80% certain it'll work. Why? Depends on project settings? Who knows.

Out of RAM. Not video, but regular system RAM this time.

Never had it crashing like this. Except, do you have xatlas enabled? If so, it can be xatlas bug. Switch to default unwrapper.

This looks like broken UVs to me, i.e. overlapping polygons on the UV layout.

If you baked in Indirect/shadowmask mode, and "baked contribution" is anything that is not "direct and indirect", then this is what you get - you only bake GI (indirect) and static shadows (shadowmask). To get a fully baked light, set baked contribution accordingly or use Full Lighting mode.

Does it happen even on example scenes?

Tudor and SnowInChina like this.
  39. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

works, thank you
    :)

40. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

there's a second thing, which to be fair, isn't a bakery bug as far as i know
    if you use a hdri for lighting you get these ugly firefly artifacts, is there a way to resolve these ?
    it kinda works if you crank up the samples to an extreme amount, but thats not really a solution i can use since the scene i am working on is too big for that
    hdri_fireflys.jpg

41. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Oh yes. Just downsample/blur the cubemap. Low-resolution cubemaps work pretty good for ambient lighting but don't produce fireflies, so even a modest amount of samples will suffice.

fuzzy3d and SnowInChina like this.
  42. tremault

tremault

Thanks for your reply,
    I'm using full lighting mode.
    I've never used the other modes.

43. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Which version of Unity are you using?

44. tremault

tremault

2017.1.5f1

45. r_chevallier

r_chevallier

I updated to Bakery 1.6 and now get 3 errors. Unity did not tell me to do a API update. Not sure how to fix.
    I even updated to Unity 2019.1.6f1 thinking that might trigger and API update but it did not. Tried a manual API update but nothing happened.

For now I just commented out those sections of code and it works but what is the real fix?

Thanks,

upload_2019-6-10_9-5-33.png

upload_2019-6-10_9-6-21.png

upload_2019-6-10_9-7-49.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  46. Loards

Loards

It happened the same to me, just do the changes stated in the error by hand. it worked for me.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bakery-gpu-lightmapper-v1-55-released.536008/page-60#post-4593712

47. davehun

davehun

Hi @guycalledfrank

Do you have plans to support baking out the contribution from indirect bounces to light probes? Or is there a way to do this in the current release?

I'm using RenderMode.Indirect and my lights' "Baked contribution" are set to "Indirect Only". I want to keep the bounced contribution (bounce > 1) from static geometry in my light probes. Is this possible?

Thanks.

48. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Ah yes

upload_2019-6-11_11-8-25.png

Pre-2017.3 Unity doesn't have API to mark real-time lights as baked via scripts, so just disable them by hand.

Weird. API updater should always work. Maybe consider writing to Unity support, as it's their responsibility.
    The real fix is in the error message though - just replace "PathTracer" with "ProgressiveCPU" and "Radiosity" with "Enlighten" instead of commenting them out. API updater should have done that automatically.

Not sure if I understood correctly. Light probes do get indirect lighting from the scene the same way lightmaps do.

49. SquallLiu

SquallLiu

Hello,
    We are struggled in two problems when using Bakery:

1. ftrace error

Hello, if baking lights contain spotlight or pointlight. (Directional light and area light work well)
    It will show ftrace.exe has stopped and give error message as above images.
    1st time we got Unknown error(255).
    After updated GPU's driver, we got Unknown error (-1073740777)

However, all baking lights work great on Win10 PC.

2. Work directory error when baking light probes:

Shows this error when baking light probes.
    This happens on both win7 & win10 PCs.
    And we didn't move any folder when baking light probes.

How can we prevent these two errors?
    Thanks.

SystemInfo:
    I7-8700
    32GB RAM
    Win7 64bit
    GTX1080 8GB
    Bakery Version 1.6

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  50. tremault

tremault

Ah okay, I understand. I didn't imagine that to be a possibility, as when I disable unity lights everything just goes dark. I don't get any double brightness.
    Also, I don't understand how this would work with mixed lighting? Does bakery generate the real-time component of mixed lights?
    Well I will get on this tonight, thank you.