Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

'BakeRuntime' job failed with error code: 4 ('Failed reading Bake Environment Lighting file.').

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Zomby138, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Zomby138

Zomby138

Just got beta 13. I'm getting this error spammed to the console every time I try to bake. I've tried all the lightmap modes, on demand / continuous. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Anyone else getting this error?

2. Zomby138

Zomby138

Ok I turned the enviroment to real time, then back to baked and it's fine now. Crazy times!

ProtonOne and chrismarch like this.
  3. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Please file a bug with your reproduction method, we are hunting for this bug too...

Thanks!

4. Zomby138

Zomby138

I don't have a reproduction method I'm afraid. It hasn't happened again since.

5. tigerjk0409

tigerjk0409

it happen to me too. thank you Zomby138.

1. Clear lightmap.
    2. Run realtime GI once.
    3. Turn off realtime
    4. run baked GI

6. Elecman

Elecman

Same problem here. Will try to make a repo.

7. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

@Elecman thanks! Please post the case number here so I can take a look. So far I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Also, would you mind zipping up your GI Cache folder and attach it to the repro? I think this could be happening when loading a file from a previous beta version from the cache.

crucialgames likes this.
  8. Narlix

Narlix

Yep, happening here too, first beta install ( mac / beta install 14 ) looks like if i uncheck baked gi and then recheck if and it rebakes it goes away, its like a on/off glitch.

9. Jaimi

Jaimi

Why are you still running that ancient version? RC1 is available in the first post above.

10. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

So what do you want then? Unity team to come to your office and fix your installation of Beta 18?

Breyer and Jaimi like this.
  11. Jaimi

Jaimi

To be honest, you're just generating noise by reporting errors in old betas. Lightmapping has gone through a lot of changes in the past 5 releases.

12. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys, has anyone managed to get colour bleed working with baked emission?

13. Ostwind

Ostwind

People get annoyed easily if someone is reporting a bug happening in almost a 2 months old version of something that is updated regularly with a lot of fixes. As been said it does nothing else than wastes QA/beta team time if they use any time on such old things.

You can have multiple install of the beta and verify if the problem exists in latest. If it does, you report it. If you have a team leader who is not aware of this then it could be a good time to inform him.

SmithSchuldiner likes this.