Search Unity

baked lights gone after build

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by sasasamb, Apr 27, 2020.

1. sasasamb

sasasamb

IMG_0881.jpg Hi, I am building a basic project out of the mini FPS tutorial minigame. I have been studying GI and watching tutorials in order to get here and the results in the SCENE and in the GAME view are just great. Even when I play. Basically it's all baked except for the main "sun" light. I am using Aura 2 just to get a little bit of spice. But yes: once I build, I lose completely the baked lights. It goes to the unlit version. The question is of course how to transfer what I see on the SCENE and GAME view to the actual build.

I have checked that my models are generating UV maps. All lights are "baked". And this is the "screenshot" of my lighting rendering setup. Sorry for the picture but I am still not able to take a quick screenshot from windows.

Thanks a lot for your kind help
    Alessandro

2. sasasamb

sasasamb

I have checked and the console said that I could not combine meshes. So I found out that I was supposed to enable read and write on the models. Let's see what will happen. Thanks

3. sasasamb

sasasamb

I had a problem: failed to copy lightmap snapshot assets to directory.
    I decided to change to Enlighten and it works now, it builds. But I have tried to check also the Generate Colliders but still the build forgets about the lightmaps. Which are still visible well calculated both in the SCENE and in the GAME view and also when I PLAY it. I even changed the way some lights are Realtime and baked, but nothing happens on the build side.

Do you have any idea? I would like to present this work this Thursday and I will eventually use the unlit version. though I really hope to find a solution in the meantime. Thanks everyone

4. sasasamb

sasasamb

I have also tried on a Mac to create a standalone version for OSX. Same results, same projects: scene and play working. Build does not.

Thanks in advance

5. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

6. sasasamb

sasasamb

hi, thanks, yes, I have removed real-time, removed auto generate lighting on all the three scenes. and I have watched your amazing explaining (also previous ones) before writing here. I am actually very happy that you answered me :)

I am attaching here two screenshots, one from the editor and one from the built version.

super thanks in advance!

editor.png built.png

7. sasasamb

sasasamb

Just for the record, I subscribed to Plus and I am also working with external programmers to give me a help.

8. sasasamb

sasasamb

Update: I have discovered that under Graphic and Quality there was not a render pipeline set. Hence I discovered I need one, Hence I discovered Render Pipeline exist!!

I discovered I need either Universal or HD. Will this be the solution?

9. sasasamb

sasasamb

Unfortunately no. I understood that even if there was not URP as renderer there was already a sort of built-in renderer. In fact even with URP the games builds perfectly without lightmaps. So, I am still where I was at the beginning...

SCENE VIEW: perfect
    PLAY VIEW: perfect
    BUILD: no lightmaps

10. sasasamb

sasasamb

so the result after all is this: I am paying 500 euros one person to solve it. case closed

11. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Hi, sorry for a late reply. May I ask what the actual issue was?

And in the future, when we see that a thread has a lot of replies, we might skip it and look at threads with no replies. I think that could be the reason why we missed replying to this one, sorry!

12. teknic

teknic

Having the same problem. any insights are appreciated. Thanks.

13. radiantboy

radiantboy

Also got the same issue, how to fix? Some rooms do have the light others dont. I turn off rooms when game starts, but surely that couldnt be the reason?

14. douglima

douglima

I was having the same issue. Solved it by setting the Project settings>Graphics>Lightmap Modes from Automatic to Custom

rI0rEJyCrL.png

15. Brady

Brady

This worked for me too, thanks!

16. LT23Live

LT23Live

Unfortunately this was not the solution for me :(

17. sathishanand_s

sathishanand_s

This solution worked for me too. Thanks.

18. Akhriman

Akhriman

Please send the persons contact, we are having the same issue.

19. kibrituss

kibrituss

have you tried URP ? maybe it is because of material ?

Cloud Render Farm Kibrit Creative Solutions