Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Baked lights flickering during Play Time

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Shredov, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Shredov

Shredov

Hi guys,
    I'm able to get Unity to 'finish' baking lights, but the they are quite buggy.
    Some turn off when I approach from a certain angle and they all produce dynamic shadows (if I have shadows turn on), which I thought was something only realtime lighting should do. If that's normal, then I'll take it, but I'm very concerned about the baked point lights flickering on and off when I approach from certain angles....

Here is an example of the camera being in the Exact same room and losing the baked lighting by simply changing rotation at the Y. blue_baked_lighting_flicker_Off.png blue_baked_lighting_flicker_ON.png
    Light Settings (I know I mentioned shadows, but they're purposely turned off on this light)
    blue_baked_lighting_flicker_baked_lightSettings.png

FYI, I am very inexperienced with lighting, so all help is extremely appreciated!

2. Shredov

Shredov

well, baked lights seem to work as intended when I build and play the actual executable. It's only doing this in the in engine player, plus, I tested this project on a stronger computer and it seems to be fine. It must have something to do with the weak hardware...