Search Unity

Baked lightmap terrible degraded

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Mr_Albert, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Mr_Albert

Mr_Albert

I'm eliminating all the lights on a mobile game and I'm baking them.

However, this problem is happening to me

A) the quality is very bad and all the shadows are extremely degraded

B) even if I increase the quality, it still remains too heavy, with excessive times and above all degraded.

It is easy to notice that while processing light everything works, but then ... bam!

Excluding the terrible UV on objects ... Tips?

I leave some pictures:

Under rendering:

Rendered (WTF??!):

Settings:

2. uy3d

uy3d

Unity Technologies

What type of shader are you running on your objects? It looks as if there's at least some edge detection going on, so it's possible that before baking the shadows are treated as lighting, whereas after baking they're treated by whatever shaders are processing your objects.

Also, the sample counts you're using for the lightmapper are way too low (unless you're just prototyping). Increasing them will only increase your baking times, but will not slow the game down when running, so feel free to increase them by a factor of 100-1000 to get better results. It's also possible that the low sample count in combination with the denoisers (hidden under "Filtering: Auto") and "Compress Lightmaps" is creating these artifacts.

Mr_Albert likes this.
  3. Mr_Albert

Mr_Albert

I found a solution for the quality and, in general, to the baking on mobile.
    I will open a separate post for further advice.

Meanwhile: What makes the shadows so horrible is "Compress Lightmap" that should not be activated.
    (it is not a compression but a real destruction)

tnx

4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Make sure that High Quality lightmap encoding is enabled for your mobile platform in the Project Settings.

Mr_Albert likes this.