Search Unity

Question Baked lightmap does not produce color in shaded view

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by lrojas5142000, Nov 10, 2022.

1. lrojas5142000

lrojas5142000

I have a mesh that I exported from Blender into Unity as an FBX file. I selected 'Generate Lightmap UVs' and added all different forms of lights into the scene (Area, Directional, Point, Spot) with varying degrees of color (I did not utilize Color Temperature) and are all set to Baked. Baked GI is selected in Lighting.

Upon baking everything into a lightmap, I noticed NONE of the lights produce the correct color:
    upload_2022-11-10_0-30-9.png
    Where anything should be orange, i.e the area lit by the fireplace, it's white. However, when looking at the baked lightmap:
    upload_2022-11-10_0-30-58.png
    It's orange, and I'm not sure why.

My settings for Lighting are:
    upload_2022-11-10_0-32-9.png upload_2022-11-10_0-32-46.png
    (The skybox is just pitch black and the directional light has its intensity at 0)

If anyone can help me as to why this is happening and how to alleviate this issue, you're getting an online cookie, cause I'm out of ideas.

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Interesting. Are you using custom shaders? Perhaps you have custom shaders that modify the meta pass?

Also, judging from your lighting settings, your sample settings are very low. Area lights in particular require high direct sample counts.

I'd recommend that you'd read through this section in the troubleshooting guide: