Search Unity

Baked lighting. Weird blotchy results no matter what I seem to do.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ptgodz, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ptgodz

ptgodz

Hey guys. I've gone through countless thread trying to figure out how to handle baked lighting and get some desirable results in my mobile game scene. Below is what I keep seeing when I bake my scene. Attached you can see my ciurrent lighting settings. All lights are currently set to mixed with hard shadows enabled. I've tried just baked lighting alone but it didn't help either. I have 2 lights in the scene. 1 directional light set to mixed with hard shadows, and a point light with baked setting and no shadows. Is there a standardised settting I can start with and then tweak?

unity-lighting.jpg unity-lighting.jpg

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

What version of Unity?

3. ptgodz

ptgodz

I'm using version 2018.3.0f2. The scene is using mobile shader diffuse. However I've tried it with different shaders and still seeing the same results.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Do you have a special reason to use "Substractive" instead of "Shadowmask" and "Progressive CPU" instead of "Enlighten"?

You may also need to use a larger Lightmap size.

Here are the settings I'm using and the result is good.

Capture.JPG

5. ptgodz

ptgodz

Thanks for the screenshot. That gives me a starting point. In all honest, the only reason I wasn't using enlighten is because I'd read a lot of threads saying that progressive CPU was the way forward but I guess it really depends on the application. I'll give your settings a go and see if I can find something that works. Thanks again