Search Unity

Baked Lighting Questions/Issues

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Aleyboby, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Aleyboby

Aleyboby

Hello,
    I'm creating a scene using Unity 2019.4.29f1 with models I create in Blender & import as .fbx. I'm running into some small lighting artifacts I can't seem to problem solve myself after browsing numerous Youtube tutorials & reading Unity forum posts. Preface, I started this as a hobby about a month & a half ago, teaching myself Blender & Unity. Usually I prefer to handcraft most of my models & so I've gotten the hang of it (That includes texturing & UV's). I do the UV's & bake the textures in Blender before importing to Unity.

The issue I cannot seem to solve is the light artifacts/rgb discoloration present on the dresser (Picture below), as well as some other minor ones (mainly the dresser). I'm sure my island margins are modest and I've used as few seams as possible in blender when managing my UV's. It seems as though the problem lies with the model I made but then again I've made 3 different models with the same problem. The dresser is made of 2 parts, the drawer faces & dresser block, joined & mapped together. The other objects/rooms of the scene are divided up mapped by grps separately, not just one texture for the import. I bake the textures in Blender at 2k. I do not use Unity's generate Uv's setting.

So basically I need help in understanding why this is happening. I've adjusted the Lightmapper settings numerous times to no avail. I've changed the lightmap resolution, padding, size, parameters, no compression, bounces, samples, etc but they all leave the same artifacts. I model everything else similarly so I don't understand the problem. I also hid everything in the scene and baked the dresser which ends up with the bottom right drawer artifact. It seems like the problem is the model and how the islands are margined but I don't understand what to fix.

Thank you in advance!

Problem area:
    Example.png

Dresser Uv's:
    Dresser_UV.png

Baked Lightmap:
    Baked Lightmap.JPG

Texel validity & UV Overlap:
    Texel_UV.JPG

Lightmapper settings:
    Lightmapper_Settings.JPG

andywillers likes this.