Search Unity

Question Baked light shadows only showing in prefab?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Tiernan98, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Tiernan98

Tiernan98

I'm having a very weird issue. It's probably my fault because I was changing settings with the lighting, but don't know which step did it!

Basically, I have my game environment in a prefab, which is dragged into the scene. The lights are also in this prefab, and when I bake the lights (with prefab in the scene) I can see the shadows for all the lights except one which is very important.

First I was thinking there must be an overridden setting in the instance I can't see. So, I deleted the instance and dragged the prefab back in, and rebuilt the lighting, but still, I couldn't see the shadow. If I go into the prefab edit mode though I can see the baked shadow. I'm pretty sure its the baked one because if I deleted all baked lighting data then the shadow quality looks like it should for real time.

I also tried disabling every other object except that prefab instance and I still can't see the shadows.

Any ideas on what could be causing me to only see the baked shadows in prefab mode? Here are the light settings:
    upload_2021-10-24_21-27-51.png

Scene view:
    upload_2021-10-24_22-4-2.png

Prefab view:
    upload_2021-10-24_22-4-27.png