Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Baked global illumination not rendering indirect lighting in LWRP

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by FrenchCardinal, May 21, 2019.

1. FrenchCardinal

FrenchCardinal

I'm using Unity 2019.1.2f1 with LWRP 5.13.0 where I'm trying to render a baked GI using LWRP but the lightmap end up only with shadows and no indirect lighting. In both bakes I used a single directional and point light where both were set to baked lighting and in the Light Settings the Baked Global Illumination option was checked where the Lighting Mode as set to Baked Indirect. The lightmapper in both bakes it were set to Enlighten where the only thing I adjusted was enabling AO and reducing the lightmap resolution and size to speed up the bake.

UPDATE: The issue seems to only be affecting objects made from ProBuilder, tested a bake using only primitive static objects and it does render the GI. Not sure why the ProBuilder objects can have GI in built-in render pipeline but not in LWRP.

Lightmap baked using Unity's Built-in renderer
    upload_2019-5-21_0-53-37.png

Lightmap baked using LWRP
    upload_2019-5-21_0-55-22.png

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Does the lightmaps look identical in the Lighting window's preview tab? Perhaps there is an issue with UVs with the probuilder objects.

3. FrenchCardinal

FrenchCardinal

Sorry for the delayed response but yes the lightmaps look like the ones on the preview tab. I changed the Lightmap parameter from Scene Default Parameters to Default-Medium in the Mesh Renderer for a few ProBuilder objects and it was able to render the indirect lighting in the GI bake. Not sure why the indirect lighting was baked for all objects even though most of the objects' settings weren't changed. Even though the there is a GI bake, the actual GI seems to be darker and much less apparent in indoor areas like the hallway and the larger room with the orange light.

Lightmap baked using LWRP with changing the lightmap parameter
    upload_2019-5-23_12-56-17.png

4. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

Could you open a bug report for this?

5. FrenchCardinal

FrenchCardinal

I submitted a bug report on the issue including how to reproduce the problem with screenshots to contrast the built-in and LWRP GI bakes.

fguinier likes this.
  6. longtu_wl

longtu_wl

the lightmap scene looks dark, when i load it from another scene, does any one meet this?