Search Unity

Question Baked GI not showing in WebGL build (Unity 22.2.5, URP)

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by KjartanK, Apr 4, 2023.

1. KjartanK

KjartanK

We are baking all of the lighting for our game, and when building for WebGL it seems that everything works except the baked GI (i.e. other lightmaps and such work fine, and baked GI looks great in Editor and in desktop standalone builds).

Here are two screenshots to compare, the left is from the Editor (correct) and right is from a WebGL build (incorrect). All of the objects painted on the terrain (trees, flowers, rocks) are showing the problem, as everything else (including the terrain object) is static and properly receiving lightmap data.

BakedGIResults.png

We are using Unity 22.2.5f1 with URP 14.0.6. I've checked this across Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Arc with no differences.

After a significant amount of Googling and forum searching I've verified or tried the following:
    - Verified Realtime GI is disabled
    - Changed directional mode to non-directional
    - Disabled Lightmap compression
    - Switched out all directional lights for point lights
    - Reduced max lightmap size
    - Verified WebGL is using same quality settings, same render pipeline asset, and same renderer as desktop standalone

These are our lighting and rendering settings as well as terrain settings:

BakedGISettings.png

Is there anything I'm missing that is causing the baked GI to not apply properly, anything else I can test, or have I maybe misdiagnosed the issue?

Thank you!

2. KjartanK

KjartanK

Can anyone offer any insight into what might be happening to cause WebGL build to not apply our baked GI?

3. N7RX_Y

N7RX_Y

Unity Technologies

Hey there. I'm not an expert in this domain but I'll help as I can.

If you bake GI using a minimal scene (for example just a plane and a cube with directional light source) does same problem still persist in WebGL?
    Additionally, have you tried running desktop editor and standalone in OpenGLES 3 and does the same issue happen?