Search Unity

Baked GI noise artifacts

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Chefty, May 16, 2020.

1. Chefty

Chefty

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find any clear solution to my problem on other topic so I make my own.
    I'm trying to add lighting to my scene, with Baked Global Illumination set on Baked Indirect mode.
    When baking is done I get a lot of noisy artifacts, I spent hours tweaking settings trying to understand but I can't manage to get a descent lighting.
    The only potential solution left I see is: enabling Generate Lightmap UVs on models.
    Which I can't do since I use SNAPS prototype from Unity asset store, and for whatever reasons I don't have access to models properties.

I'm running out of ideas here, I would really need some help...
    Also, I'm on Unity 2019.3.2f1 using URP.

Scene after baking:
    upload_2020-5-16_16-54-40.png

Lighting settings:
    upload_2020-5-16_16-55-3.png

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I mean it looks like you figured out the issue on your own and I don't think there's a solution.

3. Chefty

Chefty

So you are saying there is no way to use Baked GI with unity's Snaps prototype assets ?
    Would be a bummer that unity provide new assets not even compatible with their lighting system...

4. Chefty

Chefty

Finally got a solution to my problem!
    Baked GI's working perfectly well now.

Since SNAPS and Pro Builder are related, I followed those steps:
    1) Installed ProBuilder package.
    2) Selected all my object in the scene.
    2) Went to Edit -> Tools -> ProBuilder -> Object -> Pro Builderize.
    3) It will add a ProBuilderMesh.cs script to all selected objects and within the inspector there is bunch of options such as a Generate Lightmap UVs button.

Would have been nice from unity to mention that part in their Snaps tutorial video when adding random colourful (useless) point lights. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dragoon-scales and shyamarama like this.