Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Baked Artefacts and Uneven Lighting

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by lider_unity, Jan 9, 2024.

1. lider_unity

lider_unity

Hello,
    I am lighting an interior. I have an HDRI lighting up the scene and single directional light. I am trying to achieve the effect of an interior being lit by light coming from the windows. I am using 2x2 tiles for ground, walls and ceiling.

When I bake the lighting using shadowmask, everything works as expected except for 2 things :
    1- I get thin lines of lit pixels at the edge of ground tiles.
    2- Ground tiles are not baked evenly and instead they get different colors from lighting.
    See attached image for both of these issues.

Any ideas on how I may fix this?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

Attached Files: