Search Unity

Baked Animations Problem

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MarcelWerder, Jun 22, 2018.

1. MarcelWerder

MarcelWerder

Hi all!

I got some problem with blending animation in unity. As soon as i import my jump animation to my base layer model in the animator it seems different then it's previewed in the Import Manager. The eyes of my character get an offset and i can't explain why this happening. I imported the character with an FBX2014 and baked every bone of it. In Unity used Generic animations and disabled "Animations compression" and "Resample Curves". So very basic at all. Also if i import my FBX-files back to C4d everything looks fine. Can someone have a look at the files i uploaded that would be very helpfull. I used Cinema4d R19 btw. The Project i upload contain the C4d-files, baked-FBX-files and the Unity project with it's settings.

Here is the link to the Project:

https://we.tl/DvNlIlE59j

I hope someone could help me to figure this out.

thanks in advance!

2. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Are the eyes and the body the same mesh skinned to a skeleton, or are they a separate object? It does sound like a weird error if it only happens in the jump animation. I'm not a C4D user but what I would do in Max to trouble-shoot is select all the bones you normally export, but not the eyes. Export the animation only. Load a fresh copy of your character in C4D and load those animations. Animate the eyes like you want, and then export to FBX for Unity. You'd basically be cleaning the file of any invisible mistakes. First be sure to delete the previously imported broken version in unity before importing the new 'fixed' animation. You could have something poisoning the unity files such as perhaps moving a bone accidentally or something. I dunno. My idea is to just kill it all and rebuild from scratch. It has worked for me in the past and I never did really understand what the problem was, but its nice to just get it working anyhow.

3. MarcelWerder

MarcelWerder

Hi Automoda!

Thank you for your quick answer!
    I solved the problem by replacing the eye-joints with new joints and gave them new weight to it. It sounds weird but it helped, the offset was gone.
    Again thank you for your help!!!

Greetings!