Search Unity

Bake Runtime Job Failed With Error Code: 8

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YoLaBengo, Feb 8, 2017.

1. YoLaBengo

YoLaBengo

Hi,

I'm having trouble baking scenes. The baking seems fine until it bakes runtime, at which point I get the error 'Bake Runtime' job failed with error code: 8 ('Failed to create Runtime Lighting.).

After searching for answers for this issue, I attempted fixes which have worked for other people (Clearing/Deleting GI Caches, Expanding GI Cache Size, Moving GI Cache Locations) but I'm still getting this issue.

For whatever reason, this bug has only just appeared in the past month. I've never had this problem before. It seems to bake some levels, but not others with no obvious culprit.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. swansonator

swansonator

Same exact issue with me, same situation, might as well copy your text and paste again. Anyone have solutions that don't involve the obvious and simple tasks of dealing with Cache?

David

3. TJD269

TJD269

Any luck? Having this is 2018.3 and no ones fixes are helping (clearing GI cache, ect).

Edit: I fixed this by increasing my page file size in Windows (mine was set to 2.5GB and was completely full). I don't know why Windows was putting so much of that data from ram onto my SSD, but raising the amount got me passed the error code 8 that would not go away no matter how much I did to the GI cache.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  4. ffs_fouad

ffs_fouad

Thanks for this. I've been having baking trouble as well.

@TJD269 What size did you set your paging file to? Any arbitrarily large number will do?

5. TJD269

TJD269

Yeah I just tripled mine. I also made sure I had plenty of drive space for my boot drive and where the cache was located... one of the errors I also got was simply because I had no space left.