Search Unity

Badge for spam slaying?

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by MadeFromPolygons, Sep 2, 2019.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I report a ton of spam all the time, I was wondering if we could get some sort of forum badge put in place for slaying spam?

Not that its really necessary, but I noticed some other forums do this and would be a nice incentive. Right now I sort of lost track of the amount of spam I have reported but its a LOT. Would be cool to have a badge that allows people to indentify just how vast that amount is.

Either way Im going to keep doing it because I really want to help clean the forums but this could be a nice way to intice more users to do the same. And stroke my ego!

zombiegorilla and M_R like this.
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey,

I do quite like this idea - it's something I can't put a timeframe on implementing as we have a lot more important things to fix with the forums first, but I do appreciate the suggestion :) Let me see what I can conjure up...

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Thanks for the prompt reply!

And yeah I totally get there are oodles and oodles of more pressing forum related issues to deal with, so feel free to put this one on the backburner XD

Also @UnityMaru treat this as a feature request for badges in general. Spam slaying was one that comes to mind but badges for all sorts of stuff could be cool and certainly has proven use cases in other forums on the interwebs in case its something that has to be proven to higher-ups

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

I certainly agree. I'm also on a lot of other forums with awesome badge features and I'd love to have something like that here!

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Eh, I dunno. I would rather people feel happy about using the forums to make their games. If you report spam, I don't personally want you to feel you need to keep doing that, I don't feel it's beneficial to mental health.

Please understand where I'm coming from: I want people on this board, to be thinking about what they make, not how the website is run or feel they need to worry about that. Reporting spam means that moderators and Unity as a company should be doing better.

It's certainly not a good idea, sorry, for users to be recognised as spam hunters, not should they be psychologically rewarded for doing so when they should be looking at assets, or feel they should be helping themselves or others.

This would eventually, in theory, make Unity earn less money due to customer stress.

So it's a big no from me, for those reasons.