Search Unity

bad sprite quality

Discussion in 'Android' started by iboshido, Dec 15, 2018.

1. iboshido

iboshido

hey guys im a total newby when it comes to android games. I m planning to make a game with top quality sprites. I configured the "Game" panel on 2960x1440 and also i run the testing on my phone with the same resolution, but the sprites look horrible.

What can i do?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Can you post a screenshot, so we see what you're talking about.

3. iboshido

iboshido

i got it now. When i start the game as apk from my phone the sprites look great again...
    Thanks anyways ;)

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Can you tell us what you did to fix the problem? That allows people, who find this thread in the future via google, to benefit from your findings.

5. iboshido

iboshido

i dont know the exact reason why the sprites look bad while testing the game via cable connection, but when u build an apk, the sprites look great again.

6. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

I assume you are talking about Unity remote. The purpose of Unity remote is to provide input from your mobile device to your project running in Unity editor. When you use Unity remote, the project still runs in editor and the downscaled images are sent to the device. Essentially your phone is just playing a low resolution movie instead of doing rendering. That's why the quality seemed bad for you.