Search Unity

1. Check out our Unite Austin 2017 YouTube playlist to catch up on what you missed. More videos coming soon.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad resolution of the terrain texture

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Trollice, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Trollice

Trollice

MyProblem.PNG MyProblem1.PNG

I try:
    - changed BaseMapDistance (does not affect anything)
    - changed the size of the texture when added to the terrain, at a size of 8 as on the first screenshot, the texture looks the most optimal, but if you make it smaller then it will be more blurry as in the second screenshot, and if more then you will see large pixels
    - base texture resolution less than 2048 looks more blurry, more can not be installed
    - changed Heightmap Resolution (does not affect anything)

- texture max size less than 512 looks blurry, more than 512 install is useless
    - change WrapMode, FilterMode, AnisoLevel (does not affect anything)

- In the project quality settings the texture size is "full resolution"

I can not understand why the texture on the cube is normal, and on the terrain it is blurred. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

(sorry, I do not know English well, translated by Google)

2. Polymo

Polymo

The first thing to try is using the built-in terrain shader/material, maybe it's related to your custom one.

3. Trollice

Trollice

does not affect anything

4. Polymo

Polymo

for me it looks correct, the only difference i have is that i set the texture tiling to 1/1 (so it has the same tiling as the cube obviously)

noproblem.jpg

5. Trollice

Trollice

Something with the camera settings, I deleted the old camera and created a new one. Everything is displayed correctly. But now I have a low FPS again, I think I need to beat the fool with the change of settings.

6. Daemonhahn

Daemonhahn

to be honest, the terrain system is effectively old 2008/2009 tech so what your seeing is almost as good as it gets without some serious custom modifications and/or asset store extensions.