Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad popup position on dual screens and other feedbacks

Discussion in 'Linux' started by demonixis, Aug 26, 2015.

1. demonixis

demonixis

Hi,

I installed the Unity Editor for Linux on a Kubuntu 15.10, I use the AMD driver from the official repositories.

1. Dual screen
    I use two screens to work, the main screen is on my right and the second on my left.

If I open a popup such as the asset selector, it opens the popup on the top left of the left screen. The coordinates are not relative to the editor window but from the screen.

2. Docking windows
    I tried to configure my workspace by moving some windows (console, asset explorer). I can't have one window with more that one tab.

3. Lightmap
    I don't be able to generate lightmap from the lightmap settings. When I run the lightmap process, all previews of backed lights disapears and the process stops. If I set the checkbox to automatic, it do nothing.

I hope it'll help you. I'll do other tests on my second PC later today.

demonixis.

LukaKotar likes this.
  2. d10sfan

d10sfan

I saw something similar on the dual screen, except I have primary on left, second on right. When i opened the asset window, it opened in the middle of both screens (half on left-right, and half on right-left). I was able to move it over to the proper area though.

3. demonixis

demonixis

I noticed other bugs

- MonoDevelop doesn't launch from the editor or from the main menu.
    - It is hard to dock more that one window to another
    - I can't load a project that uses Unity 5.1.3 because the popups of loading freezes to 50%
    - The C# project have bad references to System so the autocompletion of the standard library doesn't work.

Otherwise it works, I'm running a KDE Desktop, it's pretty unstable at this moment, so I'll do other tests with another desktop.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  4. Kaukamieli

Kaukamieli

Docking kinda works for me. You just have to drop the new tab about an inch above where you _think_ you should.

Except that for me, docking the console crashes the Unity every time...

5. demonixis

demonixis

Yep I have the same problem with the console. I'll try to use Unity on the Gnome Desktop because I suspect the latest KDE Plasma to have problems too..

6. Chaoseiro

Chaoseiro

I'm having a similar problem that is related to dual screens, here's a GIF showcasing it:

So, I undocked the Console window into my second screen (the smaller one), and couldn't bring it back to the first screen by moving it. It's not possible to move windows between screens by moving them. The only way is by docking it first, then undocking it into the desired screen. (this slow response when docking/undocking was caused by the screencast software)

7. KCAR

KCAR

Yes, this is a necro. (v2023.1.017)
    On windows, changing the Multiple displays "Make this my main display" causes the error as well.
    Steps I followed to reproduce:
    1) Start Unity, it will probably start on the main display (monitor 1).
    2) move application to second monitor (monitor 2)
    3) right click on editor - context menu appears on monitor 1 (not application)

4) Switch main display to monitor 2
    5) right click on editor - context menu appears on monitor 2 (with application)

6) Switch main display to monitor 2
    7) right click on editor - context menu appears on monitor 1 (not application)

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...editor-is-located-in-on-a-multi-monitor-setup