Search Unity

Bad Performance in Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sayon, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Sayon

Sayon

So, I posted a thread earlier this week about how I was experiencing bad performance in Unity just out-of-the-blue. This was between all projects I had (new and old) and seemed to be caused by AudioManager.Update(). The audio manager would take up to 50% of Unity's CPU usage at times and would cause both the Editor and Play mode to be incredibly laggy (interestingly it also caused building my game to become so slow it was basically impossible to build). This was despite my projects having no audio in them whatsoever. I ended up fixing the issue by reinstalling Unity. Everything ran smoothly like it had before as the AudioManager.Update() method was no longer eating up CPU usage.

Unfortunately, the issue has returned upon opening Unity today; the AudioManager.Update() method was once again eating up CPU usage. Now, I could fix this problem by reinstalling Unity again, but seeing as how this issue returned I think that would just be a waste of my time. So any ideas on how to fix this?

Some things I have tried:
    • Reinstalling Unity
    • Updating Drivers
    • Checking for Windows Updates
    • Closing all other (non-essential) programs besides Unity
    • Deleting Library and Project Settings folders within my Projects' folders
    • Deleting everything related to Unity within the App Data folder.
    Every single one of these (besides reinstalling Unity) has seemed to have no effect on this issue.

As a side note I don't think this is a hardware issue either, seeing as how everything else on my computer runs smoothly as it ordinarily would.

Previous Thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/solved-bad-performance-in-unity-editor.522620/

Editor Profiler (Image Link)

Play Mode Profiler (Image Link)

2. Sayon

Sayon

Still experiencing this issue today. I suppose I'll post this on Unity Answers as well and see if anyone knows there. I'll post a link to the thread if someone answers.