Search Unity

Bad color banding on iPad

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nikolai-Sander, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Nikolai-Sander

Nikolai-Sander

Hi there,

I read the forums about this issue extensively and am aware of 32bit renderbuffer and issues with MSAA. Unfortunately none of the solutions work for me. I do not have MSAA enabled and have a fairly simply lit scene. I do have 32bit Display buffer enabled and even checked in the PresentContext_UnityCallback method if my render buffer truly is 32 bit ,which it is. I get back 0x00008058 to the below call, which is in fact GL_RGBA8_OES.

int params;
    glGetRenderbufferParameterivOES(GL_RENDERBUFFER_OES, GL_RENDERBUFFER_INTERNAL_FORMAT, &params);

However my rendered image has horrible bands (see attachment). I'm using the diffuse material on the plane with a point light. Looks fine in the player on my mac but bad on the iPad 3 (and iPad 2).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• $car.png
      $car.png
      File size:
      161.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Moonjump

Moonjump

What format are your textures in?

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

set textures to truecolor and build player options setting to 32 bit color.

After you have done this, you might still see some banding, since there's 256 steps of colour and on a screen 1024 wide there's going to be gaps between colour. But the above tips should fix it. It's most likely the 32 bit colour option ;)

4. Nikolai-Sander

Nikolai-Sander

My textures are set to truecolor *and* my player option is set to 32 bit, however I'm not using any textures on the plane. The only texture I'm using is an environment map for the car.

Why don't I see the banding on my mac?

Thanks!

5. JasonTw300

JasonTw300

hi,

I still got this problem !!
    I made my images true color,and set 32-bits display buffer.

but still got banding !

I'm using Unity 4.3 free edition.

can any one tell me how to fix it ?
    thanks a lot !

6. zee_ola05

zee_ola05

Any fixes, guys? I'm also having this problem.