Search Unity

Background Vehicles

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Taigo, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Taigo

Taigo

Hey folks, i was working on my game and a friend keept insisting i should try to cleaning up some background car meshes i did long time ago and put em up for sale, i would like to have some insight before halting my development any further in order to try selling assets.

So far today i could do three of them, i scaled them, fixed some interior stuff, added some flares, fixed joints for the wheels and so on. The polycount of these cars range between 1100 - 1500 tris.

So bottom line, i would like to hear what you guys think, is it asset store material or just a waste of time?
    Anyone would have interest in some of those? If they are alright, how much they could worth?

Attached Files:

2. rextr09

rextr09

I think you should sell this on turbosquid as a collection. What is the texture size? Do wheels use a seperate texture or is it attached to the main texture? Good work by the way.

3. GrimWare

GrimWare

Do you a 1967 4-door Impala modeled? You should sell in a pack as well as individually.

4. Taigo

Taigo

Thanks for the replies folks.

@rextr09: Each car uses a single 1024x1024 texture, even though some reference photos kinda look low resolution it stills do a cool trick for the eye.

@GrimWare: On that collection/detail level there´s a 65 and a 72, i have all sorts of american cars with more detail, i kinda have a thing for them, heh!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  5. GrimWare

GrimWare

Hehe very nice, needs a little TLC and it would be perfect.

Looks good Taigo.

6. Duskling

Duskling

These are utterly fantastic.

Price them well, fix the joints so they are 100% game ready, and post em on the asset store. I would definetly buy these for my current project.