Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Background knowledge?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sarah-Lupo, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Sarah-Lupo

Sarah-Lupo

Hi again :)

I'm approaching Unity world and at first glance I realized that I miss something.

For example: I'm a web designer and I already know JS (and other scripting languages...) and Flash (if it may count). But I don't have almost experience with 3D / textures etc notions.

So... what I need to know to learn Unity from a vantage point? Some 3D theory? Can you suggest me something to study about?

Thank u in advance ^_^

2. foxter888

foxter888

you don't really need to be a hardcore mathmatician but you do need a 2d software for creating ui's and of the such, and a 3d app to you can make some 3d models other than that maybe some form of music software for making your own soundtracks down the line.

as in coding itself just open up your mind to any tutorial you see out there regardless if a tutorial doesn't show a certain game that you like you might learn more than it is needed that could server other purposes in other projects.

3. Sarah-Lupo

Sarah-Lupo

Well, I work with Adobe web suite for 8hs/day so I'm ok with raster or vector graphics :) What scares me is 3D and its notions like textures, lights, polygons, edges, vertices, and meshes...

4. christinanorwood

christinanorwood