Search Unity

Background image on splash screen blurry ... Why???

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Jeff_Georgeson, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Jeff_Georgeson

Jeff_Georgeson

Hi all,

I'd like to know if there's any way to keep Unity from making the Background image on the splash screen blurry (Project Settings->Player->Splash Image->Background). I need something to stay on screen during the 2-second gap between the splash screen fading and the game starting (which is a whole different issue and can't be fixed by making the splash screen stay on longer). Background would seem a solution, as it persists during the gap, but Unity completely blurs out any image I try. I've tried this in 5.x and in 2018.x. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Jeff

giangia83 likes this.
  2. zhangnong

zhangnong

i think it's just blurry, this background image‘s is showing during the unity logo showing.if you want another loading image,you can creat a loading scene.
    splash.png

this iamge in official document is also blurry

3. Moonjump

Moonjump

I think the background is blurred to stop any textures interfering with the mandatory Unity logo. The only way to around it is to disable the splash screen, which requires Unity Plus or Pro.

To shorten the gap between the splash screen and first scene, have a very simple opening screen (e.g. just an image and a script to open the next scene) that loads what was previously your first scene. You could treat it as your own splash screen.