Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

backgammon in 3d cupple of questions...

Discussion in 'Physics' started by shlomitubul770, Jul 11, 2018.

1. shlomitubul770

shlomitubul770

hello everyone !
    first i must say im web developer, not of games,so this is my first project in unity so i didnt have backgound in this industry.

i want to create game like backgammon in d3,i find nice d3 model board for the game but
    i cant understand how to track the checker.
    any suggestions ?
    (sorry for the bad english...hope you guys understand)

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  2. BoogieD

BoogieD

I know nothing about backgammon but just had a look at a board.
    If I understand you correctly, could you use multi dimensional arrays to hold values to represent the checkers?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    shlomitubul770 likes this.
  3. SparrowsNest

SparrowsNest

look up a guy called "Quill18creates" on youtube, he's done a how to make a board game tutorial for a game very similar to backgammon(dumbest name ever, it's cal damka btw)

4. shlomitubul770

shlomitubul770

mmm i don't think that i need two dimensional arrays.. take a look on this picture : PC162517_86aa633b-2484-45d3-8be3-b21a40c6cf05_1024x1024.jpeg

5. BoogieD

BoogieD

Now that I have looked at the game rules, you may only need a pair of simple arrays with each element holding a integer for the column count. Then write a function to find all the valid moves and a way of evaluating the most beneficial move depending on other factors in the state of the game.