Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

backgammon in 3d cupple of questions...

Discussion in 'Physics' started by shlomitubul770, Jul 11, 2018.

1. shlomitubul770

shlomitubul770

hello everyone !
    first i must say im web developer, not of games,so this is my first project in unity so i didnt have backgound in this industry.

i want to create game like backgammon in d3,i find nice d3 model board for the game but
    i cant understand how to track the checker.
    any suggestions ?
    (sorry for the bad english...hope you guys understand)

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  2. BoogieD

BoogieD

I know nothing about backgammon but just had a look at a board.
    If I understand you correctly, could you use multi dimensional arrays to hold values to represent the checkers?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    shlomitubul770 likes this.
  3. SparrowsNest

SparrowsNest

look up a guy called "Quill18creates" on youtube, he's done a how to make a board game tutorial for a game very similar to backgammon(dumbest name ever, it's cal damka btw)

4. shlomitubul770

shlomitubul770

mmm i don't think that i need two dimensional arrays.. take a look on this picture : PC162517_86aa633b-2484-45d3-8be3-b21a40c6cf05_1024x1024.jpeg

5. BoogieD

BoogieD

Now that I have looked at the game rules, you may only need a pair of simple arrays with each element holding a integer for the column count. Then write a function to find all the valid moves and a way of evaluating the most beneficial move depending on other factors in the state of the game.