Search Unity

backgammon in 3d cupple of questions...

Discussion in 'Physics' started by shlomitubul770, Jul 11, 2018.

1. shlomitubul770

shlomitubul770

hello everyone !
    first i must say im web developer, not of games,so this is my first project in unity so i didnt have backgound in this industry.

i want to create game like backgammon in d3,i find nice d3 model board for the game but
    i cant understand how to track the checker.
    any suggestions ?
    (sorry for the bad english...hope you guys understand)

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  2. BoogieD

BoogieD

I know nothing about backgammon but just had a look at a board.
    If I understand you correctly, could you use multi dimensional arrays to hold values to represent the checkers?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    shlomitubul770 likes this.
  3. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

look up a guy called "Quill18creates" on youtube, he's done a how to make a board game tutorial for a game very similar to backgammon(dumbest name ever, it's cal damka btw)

4. shlomitubul770

shlomitubul770

mmm i don't think that i need two dimensional arrays.. take a look on this picture : PC162517_86aa633b-2484-45d3-8be3-b21a40c6cf05_1024x1024.jpeg

5. BoogieD

BoogieD

Now that I have looked at the game rules, you may only need a pair of simple arrays with each element holding a integer for the column count. Then write a function to find all the valid moves and a way of evaluating the most beneficial move depending on other factors in the state of the game.

6. LiamBlack

LiamBlack

Does anyone have a working code for this backgammon? The question is strange, but I'm new and I want to understand everything in order to make fewer mistakes, and so there are no nerves left while I am trying to figure it out.

My friend wants to put this model in 3D and do something similar, he is also trying to do everything on his own. How will he or I have results about it I will inform :)

7. wagonicfolding

wagonicfolding

Nicely done! I'm not a backgammon player but I liked the natural look of the board and pieces. The sheen on the board makes it look lightly varnished. The controls seemed intuitive but at the end of my turn when the dice roll is spent, I feel like I have to "hunt" to find the "submit move" button. I'd rather have an "undo/submit" choice pop up in the middle of the screen. Also, it seems like I don't have a full range of choices for spending dice rolls, somehow. Still, I like how available moves are highlighted when you hover a stack.