Search Unity

Back Button Cancel Rewarded Videos

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by HakanOzcan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. HakanOzcan

HakanOzcan

When an ad is appered and when I press back button on android, it is canceling video and turn to game. How can I prevent it?

2. Salazar

Salazar

Hello simsis3d,

How could you achieve that! Is your video skippable?

Regards,

3. HakanOzcan

HakanOzcan

Hi @Salazar
    No it is not, there is not even a skippable option in rewarded video zone, but somehow backbutton is skipping it and go to game screen:/

4. Salazar

Salazar

Hello Again,

I couldnt find any code handling back button in unity ads package, maybe it handled in java side, or you have another plugin that overrides Unity Ads.

Regards,

5. HakanOzcan

HakanOzcan

I have created a "Hello Unity Ads" projects which includes only Unity ads files from asset store and a demo script from nikkolai(UnityAdsDemo.cs). Even for this project, back button works unexpectedly. There is no any other plugins or scripts which may override back buton behaviour. I wrote the issue to support team. Tracking number: 16066 @unity-nikkolai @HeikkiTunkelo

6. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi Simsis3d,

Thanks for this. We found an error in our self-service admin: when you create new zones the default values are not correctly set (one of the default values being backbutton disable)

We will fix this on our admin (including the self-service and doing a mass update for all zones that have been created with missing default values)

I've fixed your game-setting, so you should not be able to use backbutton anymore during videoplay.

Cheers,
    Heikki

Salazar likes this.
  7. HakanOzcan

HakanOzcan

Hi HeikkiTunkelo,
    thanks for your quick replay

8. Anjimo

Anjimo

Hi, I faced with the same problem on Android. Unity 5.0.1, video breaks by pressing back button only the beginning of the video, before it began to play. I use Rewarded Video.