Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

BaaS for an Application

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Mackswelll, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Mackswelll

Mackswelll

Hi, I have been assessing a few options in regards to a BaaS for my application. Before I waste time learning and implementing one which wouldn't work for me, or is overkill. I thought I would ask your advice, any insight would be appreciated.
    What I am looking for is quite niche, I am making an educational application rather than a game. There are a few game elements which I would like to implement within, like leaderboards, but the main reason I need a back end is for user profiles and assigning certain levels of access to groups. Either by allowing users to create a profile, or using an access code that allows them to only access certain areas of the app.
    for example:
    The app contains 20 modules (which are in scenes).
    A school pays for 200 licences to modules 1-10

I want the users to be able to create an account (or have an account created for them, or be given an access code or whatever the best way would be) that would only allow the access to modules 1-10.

Another school pays for 50 licences for access to modules 13-19 and can only access those specific modules

and so on so forth...

I considered Gamesparks and restricting read access to certain areas or segmenting users at registration but i'm not sure if this would be the best way or how I would validate whether that registered user is from a particular school which paid for licences.
    I also considered Firebase and Playfab but I am open to suggestions if there is something else.

Thanks in advance for the advice!