Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

b5 VR.InputTracking

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by JonDadley, Sep 27, 2016.

1. JonDadley

JonDadley

Hey,

I noticed in b5 "UnityEngine.VR.InputTracking.GetLocalRotation() and UnityEngine.VR.InputTracking.GetLocalPosition() can now be used to query the position and orientation of Oculus Touch and HTC Vive controllers."

This is great news! However, is there currently a native way to poll button / trigger / stick inputs from these devices? If not, what's the roadmap for checking these inputs and allowing for full native motion controller support?

Thanks for starting the work on native motion controller support by the way, this makes supporting both Rift and Vive in a single project a much easier prospect :)

2. dmccoy1

dmccoy1

Hello John,

Do you know if I can use UnityEngine.VR.InputTracking.GetLocal Position() to modify the location of my hand representation that comes via my Leap motion IR sensor. What I'm looking to do is to create a virtual word in which the user thinks their hands are far apart when they are near. I also want you to make the opposite virtual hands happen; when their hands are far apart, make the VR hands come closer together, \

Thank you, Dakarai

3. mdurand

mdurand

In an upcoming beta of 5.5 you will be able to get axis and button input from both the Vive and Touch touch controllers in the same manner you would for any joystick or gamepad. I will update this thread with a link to the documentation that will list the button and axis IDs for both controller types.