Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

B4 and B5 become progressively slower entering play over time and editor crash on quit.

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by hippocoder, Aug 3, 2021.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Is this a known thing? I ask since it happens on any project.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hey @hippocoder,

Are these new issues or have you encountered any of them in previous 21.2 releases before? What version were you using before upgrading to 21.2 and encountering these problems? We'll need more info to look into this so bug reports would be much appreciated.

Regarding progressively worsening enter playmode times:

hippocoder likes this.
  3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I get it. This is probably actually a bug because while *I* am not actually using InitializeOnLoad at all, and I am not actually creating scriptable objects, [ExecuteInEditMode] is probably doing the same thing! pass this on to your engineers:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     [ExecuteInEditMode]
    2.     public class Game : MonoBehaviour
    3.     {
    4.         public GameResources resources;
    GameResources is a simple scriptableobject that gets domain reloaded constantly due to ExecuteInEditMode! But it is Unity's bug in this case, or oversight that's related.

I just don't have time for a bug report today, too old and tired :) Thank you for the tip, pointed me to the only place I have scriptable objects.

I do not think [ExecuteInEditMode] was considered.

valarnur likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Actually disregard that. It is still happening. Longer and longer times to enter playmode with this pop up is the usual sign:

upload_2021-8-4_17-56-45.png

This does not occur in 2021.1 versions.

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This might be helpful if you want to investigate where the regression occurs:

adamgolden and hippocoder like this.