Search Unity

B2U - Blender to Unity Custom Exporter/Importer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by CogumeloSoft, Oct 28, 2015.

1. PF-Sebastien

PF-Sebastien

Thanks for your reply :)

2. alcoholicwildebeast

alcoholicwildebeast

Do you have a release date for the new update? I just purchased B2U and I can't even use it with Blender nor Unity :(

naby7u and PF-Sebastien like this.
  3. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Happy New Year! Some updates in B2U 1.4.

• The system is currently already working in Blender 2.8x and you can take advantage of all his features such Collections and Eevee viewport.

• Unity asset import system are been redone and things can change (and break) in near future. To avoid it we will wait the final Unity 2019.3 release. We want to keep the project ready for those changes.

• B2U 1.4 will adopt Eevee as reference to keep viewport parity with unity PBR. This will help a lot the Game developers.

• The Group export are been replaced with a “Collection” export. Much better for scene organization and export asset packages.

• We will provide build-in support to HDRP and URP shaders.

PF-Sebastien likes this.
  4. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Hi!
    Unity 2019.3 was released today. We’re in the final steps to release the next B2U version this week.
    Due to so many changes (visible and invisible) and the support to blender 2.8 we think it’s a good time to release it as the 2.0 version. Also we will provide a price drop to $14,99 the same price of Baketool. So keep in touch for more news during this week.
    Bye!

PF-Sebastien likes this.
  5. PF-Sebastien

PF-Sebastien

Thanks for all !
    I saw that you've already released the B2U 2.0 version on Blender Market, do you have a release date for the asset store?

EDIT : Thanks for the release ! It works well, but just a question :

Is it normal that the collections are exported as wanted, but when the b2us is generated, it doesn't use the collection but each mesh ?... So in Unity we have the scene prefab that contains many time same objects but not the collection created and well imported in the prefab folder ...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  6. CatrinMariachi

CatrinMariachi

This only works for static meshes? (props)
    any news for characters?

7. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Sorry the Delay in post it here but since last week B2U 2.0 is released! I was trying to make a short video about this release but the video will need to wait for a bit more.

1800×400 22.1 KB

With the 2.0 version we also make a permanent price drop to $14,99. We think that it’s a fair price and will help many other users to purchase it for their projects.

This is the release log of the 2.0 version:

• New core to Support to Blender 2.8x
      • New importer system to Support Unity 2019.3
      • Support to Build-In, HDRP and URP Shaders.
      • Now Based on Eevee for Blender’s Previews
      • Unified material setup at the Principled in Eevee
      • Transparency Settings are now based on Eevee Settings for Build-in Pipeline
      • Fixed many bugs and new UI improvements
    If you find any bugs or doubts contact us in blendermarket or by e-mail (if purchased in Unity Asset store)

8. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Is it normal that the collections are exported as wanted, but when the b2us is generated, it doesn't use the collection but each mesh ?... So in Unity we have the scene prefab that contains many time same objects but not the collection created and well imported in the prefab folder.

I don't think i quite understand your question but the scene export all models from all "sub collections" and those individual meshes are instantiated as prefabs. The collection is something like a "sub scene" and do the same. Scenes do not instantiate collections (only the individual meshes) but it can be done since Unity now implements nested prefabs.

This only works for static meshes? (props)
    any news for characters?

Yep, for now only for static meshes since Animated objects are quite more complex to handle.

CatrinMariachi likes this.
  9. Container_Z

Container_Z

I still found a problem when I tested. After importing into unity, open the scene file, the object will be magnified 10 times, and the decimal point of the coordinate will be ignored. I checked the scene configuration file and found no problem. However, I found that the error was caused by 418 lines in b2u_importer.cs and three lines of "replace (".., ",") ". After I deleted him, everything returned to normal.

Open Scene:
    upload_2020-2-9_16-23-29.png
    Wrong Objects Transform:
    upload_2020-2-9_16-23-4.png
    What should be displayed correctly:
    upload_2020-2-9_16-26-34.png
    Deleted code:
    upload_2020-2-9_16-29-34.png
    after:
    upload_2020-2-9_16-30-38.png

Blender 2.81a to Unity 2.19.3

10. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Hi.
    Today we just released a HotFix in B2U.
    If you guys have any doubts or suggestions please contact us by e-mail in contato@cogumelosoftworks.com
    Bye!

11. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

We just released a new round of bug fix for B2U 2.0 and now we added initial support to Empty Objects in Scene and Collection Export.

- Fix bugs with Location and Units (Fixed by Nutter)

- Fix Prefab names with suffix identifier appearing other than in start (Fixed by Nutter)

- Automatically fix material names if needed (Remove spaces and some other invalid characters)

- Added Support to Empty Objects in Scene and Collection Export.

12. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

I recently bought version for 2.8 and it does not work.

Unity script fails with exception:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Unity\Spike_2019_v3\Assets\B2U\Editor\Data\Prefabs\v5_ca1_column_large.b2up".

there's no file with b2up extension in output directory.

Blender settings:

upload_2020-4-6_22-8-22.png

13. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Make sure you installed the last version in your unity project.

14. vicrochas56

vicrochas56

Hi! Been using B2U for a couple months, worked great until recently.

Now Unity gives me an error when trying to import the collections as prefabs (objects work fine):

upload_2020-11-15_14-2-40.png